SO confused with calories, more or less?Help

Options
I'm 32, 190 lbs, 5'5". I breastfeed a 18 month old, she's still fairly dependant. I'm a stay at home mom, so I do sit alot. I run 3 times a week ( week 6 c25k), an hour yoga class once a week and 30 day shred 5-6 days a week.
Fat 2 fit radio online says 2166 for moderately active. Or 1921 lightly active. Which should I use. Also would that include my exercise? If I did the moderately active one then I assume that's if I'm exercising?
Ack, I'm so confused. MFP set me at 1650. I do 1700 but only loosing 0.4-0.6 lately a week. I feel like I'm working harder then that.
Please help, this is so confusing!

Replies

• Kaydee1084
    Kaydee1084 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You just need to make sue you're eating enough to for you and your baby, I fed my son until he was 21 months old and I ate around 2200 calories a day between working out and feeding him. You can ask your doctor what they reccomend, that is where I got my 2200 calories from because she said the baby takes a good amount of it.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    You are supposed to include your exercise in the calculations on fat2fitradio, but on MFP you don't calculate it into your activity level b/c MFP's goal is designed to help you lose weight even without exercise (that's why it bumps up your calorie goal when you log your exercise). MFP's goal is a net goal, fat2fit's goal is a total goal. So it's very likely that your MFP calorie goal + exercise calories is probably quite close to the fat2fit estimate that is supposed to have exercise already included. I think. Anyway it depends on the approach you want to take - if you want to eat the same level every day andnot have to account for every little bit of exercise, set your goal to the fat2fit calories and don't log exercise. If you prefer to add exercise specifically when you actually do it, stick with the MFP calories and log your exercise calories and eat more on your exercise days.

You might want to add a bit for breastfeeding (usually around 200-300 for part-time if your kiddo is eating some solids, formula, milk, juice, etc) if you notice your supply taking a hit, and stay well hydrated. When I was still breastfeeding at 18-21 months I did not bother logging those calories, however on days whereby little one was particularly needy and nursed more than usual (for example when teething or not feeling well), I often allowed myself an extra snack of 100-300 calories if I felt I needed it.
  • 5ladybugs
    5ladybugs Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Ok, looking and most sites give me 1633 BMR, TDEE is 2535. I'm still confused at what I should intake. I like including my exercise, like I'm working for my treat :)