Organic foods?

Options
Kidvicious28
Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
What are your opinions on organic foods? Just curious.

Replies

• havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I eat them whenever possible as I feel it is better for me & my family. However, they are usually more expensive
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I went grocery shopping today and bought almost all organic foods. I've been hearing how much healthier they are...I was just curious if they really were. Awesome thanks :smile:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I went grocery shopping today and bought almost all organic foods. I've been hearing how much healthier they are...I was just curious if they really were. Awesome thanks :smile:

Too expensive for this "frugal" (ok, CHEAP!) person! :laugh:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    We buy all organic too... not only is it healthier for my family and so much of the foods taste so much fresher, it is WAY better for the planet in general. The more we can encourage the agricultural sector to use non-chemical, non-toxic, non-GMO farming practices the better chance our environment will have. It is more expensive, yes, but there's a big part of me that just can't put a price on the cost of NOT feeding my children with organic (non-toxic!) foods.
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I buy alot of organic as well
  • alaskancoppertop
    Options
    I liked it when I could buy organic... when I was active duty and stationed up in Chicago, I was doing as much of my shopping at Whole Foods Market as I could. The organic just tasted better to me and I did feel a difference when I started eating it. Unfortunately it DOES cost more to buy organic, and now that I am no longer active duty and we live about 3-5 hours away from the nearest Whole Foods market, we just don't get to buy from there... for now!! Once hubby and I pay off our debts and get the truck fixed, we will be taking the occasional drive out to Atlanta to go shopping at Whole Foods, Caribou Coffee and Ikea every few months!!