Just now introducing myself

Options
Hello everyone. I started up about two weeks ago and I'm just now saying, "Hello!" My first week started out great. I quickly lost my "Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Fat" and now seem to be stuck at the same weight that I've been stuck at for way too many years. But, I'm not quiting this time. (Despite the fact that tonight is my son's birthday and he wants his cake to be cheesecake!)

ilovepasta

Replies

• babyhippo
    Options
    Hello everyone. I started up about two weeks ago and I'm just now saying, "Hello!" My first week started out great. I quickly lost my "Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Fat" and now seem to be stuck at the same weight that I've been stuck at for way too many years. But, I'm not quiting this time. (Despite the fact that tonight is my son's birthday and he wants his cake to be cheesecake!)

ilovepasta
  • leelee93
    Options
    Welcome! You will be amazed at what you consume each day if you dedicate to keeping up with the log. I fell off the wagon for the last week but jumped back on yesterday. Keep at it. Your body can be stubborn... but you will reach your goal. Slow but steady... Have a great day!
  • StartingNew
    Options
    oh i love cheesecake- just have a bite!
  • babygirl
    babygirl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You should keep up the hard work. The weight will come off if you are faithful. I only lost one pound last week. I cannot figure out why I continue to retain so much fluid. I try to eat the low fat dressing and watch my sodium intake. Make sure you drink your water. Every time I slow up on drinking my water, I tend not to lose pounds. Keep up the good work.
  • eyescatchfire
    eyescatchfire Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Keep working through the plateau! I have a very tasty (but not as high fat) version of cheesecake--substituting tofu for 1/2 of the cheese! It's a pumpkin cheesecake, so it's great for the holidays, too.

Good luck!
  • Jodywin
    Options
    Hello, This is my second day on this site and so far I really like it. I have never had to watch what I eat until I hit 35, now I am 40 and have high colesteral. So I am working out and trying to watch what I eat. I think keeping the food journal will help. We will see...
  • babyhippo
    Options
    Thanks for the tip. I think I'll try that sometime. Although I must confess...I'm pushed for time today, and I was going to cheat with a box of Jell-o No Bake Cheesecake.