HEYBALES thank you!

Options
I couple of weeks ago I was discouraged, my weight loss had slowed to a crawl, and then came the week when I posted a GAIN! While I was lamenting this on a thread one night you suggested I wasn't eating enough and that I should up my calories. You also suggested that I do it over a two week period.

I did just what you suggested, adding 150 the first week and then 200 more the second week and made an effort to eat back my exercise calories. Not only do I feel better but my weight loss has taken a big jump forward. The first week I lost 1.4 pounds...and at tonights weigh-in I lost another 3.4 pounds!

Needless to say, I am now a believer in you have to eat more to lose and that 1200 calories just isn't enough in the long run.

So, I just wanted to say THANK YOU to you for putting me on the right path. :flowerforyou: :drinker:

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I couple of weeks ago I was discouraged, my weight loss had slowed to a crawl, and then came the week when I posted a GAIN! While I was lamenting this on a thread one night you suggested I wasn't eating enough and that I should up my calories. You also suggested that I do it over a two week period.

I did just what you suggested, adding 150 the first week and then 200 more the second week and made an effort to eat back my exercise calories. Not only do I feel better but my weight loss has taken a big jump forward. The first week I lost 1.4 pounds...and at tonights weigh-in I lost another 3.4 pounds!

Needless to say, I am now a believer in you have to eat more to lose and that 1200 calories just isn't enough in the long run.

So, I just wanted to say THANK YOU to you for putting me on the right path. :flowerforyou: :drinker:

Oh, the advice is running rampant now from many at least, almost as much as underfed metabolisms!

Glad to help, glad it worked. And wasn't much of a gap to fix.
  • lmd172
    lmd172 Posts: 172
    Options
    he is really a nice guy...i was whining pretty much about the same thing and he sent me a couple of links and i've slowly upped my cals and this morning i was 1 pound down...very remarkable for me...my weight loss has been V-E-R-Y slow going...i'm in it for the long haul though...

thanks man!