am i cheating doing 30 day shred

Options
i have had dodgy knees since i was 12 old, years upon years of being overweight has hardly helped
i bought the 30 day shred in january and started doing it everyday on day 7 level one i stupidly did the workout barefoot and hurt my knee doing jumping jacks i was told to rest it for a couple of weeks and take it easy till i was confident that it was better
i restarted the 30 day shred last week and am currently on day 6 level one but im scared to do the jumping jacks i have just been doing the ones in the warm up but as the week has gone on i have managed to add in one set of the first cardio workout and the set in the last cardio workout but cant bring myself to do all of them for fear of hurting my knee again
i manage to do every other exercise on the workout perfectly fine and have been doing the skipping rope in place of the jumping jacks but im just curious to see what other peoples opinions are on whether this would be considered cheating or not
many thanks in advance

Replies

• Hurricane_C
    Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    If you need to modify a workout due to injuries, then by all means, modify away. I don't consider it cheating at all. Its not like you're sitting down during that time - you said you were replacing the jumping jacks, so you're still getting that cardio in.

I had to modify for Insanity... and sometimes for the 30 DS. I'd rather modify a bit and still get my workout done and risk and injury and not be able to work out.

Best of luck!
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    as long as you are replacing them with something that gets your heartrate up (punches?) then it isnt cheating, just motifying. Better than to skip it entirely so well done
  • lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    thank you so much for the replys i've been feeling a bit of a fraud doing it that way especially when jillian says shes got 400 pound people doing jumping jacks and i weigh less than half that lol will continue doing it this way cant wait for level 2 no jumping jacks in the cardio yay
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I had a niggly knee last week so I didn't do the butt kicks I just did more skipping instead. The way I look at it cardio is cardio - as long as I was keeping my HR up I was doing ok.
  • AthenaErr
    AthenaErr Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I have the impression the punches are there exactly to give people with lower body injuries something doable. She says something along those lines.