Another introduction!

Options
Hi everyone! Just joined today. I've been fooling myself that "I don't eat too bad"--then I entered everything I ate from the day before on this site, and I nearly spit out my coffee. It ends today! I had my "enough is enough" moment yesterday, and I'm ready to commit to a new, healthy lifestyle. I'm looking to lose 40 pounds to start, and when I get there, I'll work on the last 20. I'm going tonight with my husband to look at gyms, and he'll be my workout buddy. Still, I don't have too many people to talk to about how hard eating right can be (I'm surrounded my friends who run 5K's and enter triathalons!) Everyone on here seems really supportive, and I'm looking forward to reaching my goal!

Replies

• eyescatchfire
    eyescatchfire Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Just joined today. I've been fooling myself that "I don't eat too bad"--then I entered everything I ate from the day before on this site, and I nearly spit out my coffee. It ends today! I had my "enough is enough" moment yesterday, and I'm ready to commit to a new, healthy lifestyle. I'm looking to lose 40 pounds to start, and when I get there, I'll work on the last 20. I'm going tonight with my husband to look at gyms, and he'll be my workout buddy. Still, I don't have too many people to talk to about how hard eating right can be (I'm surrounded my friends who run 5K's and enter triathalons!) Everyone on here seems really supportive, and I'm looking forward to reaching my goal!
  • babyhippo
    Options
    "I HEAR YOU"! I couldn't believe how much I was overeating until I started keeping track of the food. I hate to think how many calories I was eating before I started. The amazing thing is, now that I have cut back my calories....I not really hungry. I had been eating before simply out of boredom I quess.
    And...I know what it is like to live around people who can eat anything and never gain weight. My husband eats so much, all the time....and his cholesteral level is perfect, his blood pressure is perfect, and his weight is right on....IT'S NOT FAIR!
    Good luck!
  • StartingNew
    Options
    good luck! welcome to the site:flowerforyou:
  • peacefulwarrior
    Options
    Welcome and good luck with every goal.
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you!
  • eyescatchfire
    eyescatchfire Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for taking the time to write and for being so sweet!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Always happy to see new faces on here. I had my moment last september, a combination of my father welcoming me by saying "Hi Chubby", looking at my baseball numbers and seeing that they are the worst I have ever had, and me looking in the mirror and seeing a seven months pregnant baby belly on me (and I'm a guy!).
    My only advice to you is that you realize that this is a lifestyle change, not just a quck, 6 month fix to extra weight. For it to work for you you really have to change your life permenantly. With that preachy bit said (sorry, it's my stubborn side), I wish you the best of luck!

-Steve