Easy Food

Options
ErnieM88
ErnieM88 Posts: 146 Member
Hi all, I'm moving tomorrow and as a result all of my stuff bar one pot, one plate and one fork is packed up and ready to go, have been using up all the stuff I have in the cupboards all week as I have had literally 50p to my name. But today I got money, and have used up all of my food except a little bit of rice and about 4 crackers.
On that note, does anyone know any lowish calorie meals/food I can have that can either be microwaved/ fast food? I don't really want to buy bread or anything to have sandwich/toast as I am moving back to my mums house for the summer from uni so she'l have all that and there's no point transporting it and chucking it away is such a waste.
Near me there is a subway, a chinese, a McDonalds, a Tesco and a kebab shop (which I am trying to avoid) what do you think my best option is?
Sorry to ramble on, hope someone can help :)
P.s. when I say lowish calorie I mean 400-500 calorie, so hope that gives me enough scope!

Replies

• BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with a chicken shish kebab with chili sauce and a salad, hold the chips and garlic mayo, and if you want to keep it really low cal hold all bread as well.
  • Sianarella
    Options
    Tesco kids microwave meals are really nice and low cal. I love the mac and cheese one.
  • ErnieM88
    ErnieM88 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm salivating at the thought of that chicken shish! I take it thats the one they put on the hot plate/grill rather than the one they cut off the big mound of meat on a stick haha.
    I do love macaroni cheese though... can I have both? haha
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I'm salivating at the thought of that chicken shish! I take it thats the one they put on the hot plate/grill rather than the one they cut off the big mound of meat on a stick haha.
    Yup, just chicken breast, peppers and onions grilled on a skewer. Yeah, you really want to avoid the doner kebab, the "mystery meat on a stick".