help help help

Options
Am I the only one who ever had trouble staying within alotted calorie intake? Yesterday, I went over my protein by 9 and i felt bad.......I need some tips, tips, tips, PLEASE! My daily calorie intake is 1200.

Replies

• frankiesats
    frankiesats Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Going over your protein isn't really an issue.

Try keep within your calorie and fats as a main awareness, then start to consider carbs.

Some people will say 'only calories count' but if you ate 1200 calories of lettuce (not that i'm saying you should!) or a 1200 calorie mcdonalds which do you think would make you lose weight quicker?

Be wise with choice but protein is good for muscle repair :) xx
  • phillieschic
    Options
    I haven't kept my sugar where it is recommended since I started. I try, but I am a fruit eater and that ALWAYS blows it up! I just try to keep my calories where they should be, exercise and eat healthy. No numbers will ever be exact and I can't imagine that being over your protein by 9 is terrible.

Don't beat yourself up over the small stuff...just over exaggerate the triumphs!!! :bigsmile:
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Go over the protein levels that MFP sets for you every day - they are way too low. I eat about 1 gram per pound of body weight. It will keep you full longer
  • adriana_hackney
    adriana_hackney Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I in no way claim to know this for a fact, but i'm pretty sure it's ok to go over your protein. I was once told that MFP's setting for protein was low and to aim for 100. MFP has my protein set at 62 (that's base cals, no exercise cals included) so I almost always go over on that, but I try to. It's the other macros that I keep a close eye on.

If I have this wrong someone please feel free to correct me :)
  • tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I really pay attention to my sodium (prepared meals and such) as well as carbs. The protein I don't pay as much attention to as it makes me feel full longer as well as the fiber. I do try to stay within calorie limits and drink lots of water!
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I set my cals at 1200 too. I do this so I don't go under my necessary cals. I am still learning portions so it was easier to do it this way. I add my exercise and it will add the cals onto my daily allowance. If I go over I do not worry about it over much, as long as I stay under 1600 average for the week.

It is very hard to get the micros spot on, some will be over some will be under. it okay as long as you realize you can't eat a lb of white pasta and then a slice of cake, and say Oh well to the veggies I am over on carbs.

Eat healthy and you will do fine.
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Going over your protein intake is not bad at all...
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I don't pay attention to anything other than calories--I do what I can to exceed protein and iron if I can.
    You SHOULD go over on protein as this is set pretty low on MFP.
    I try to get 100 g every day.
  • karendsmith
    karendsmith Posts: 167
    Options
    i agree with the other posts, I sometimes go over my intake of certain things, but stay within my calorie goals. I don't think its that horrible of a thing. Going over the sugar intake as one person posted, I, too, love fruits, but what I started doing was eat my fruits early in the day, so I have time to burn the sugar...I stop eating fruits midday and I have found that this helps.
  • stownes66
    stownes66 Posts: 23
    Options
    Thanks everyone for you input it's been two weeks and I'm still trying to get this 1200 cal per day structured, my first weigh in is Saturday.