Valentine's Day Fitness Challenge Check-In February 5

Good morning! Hope everyone had a nice Monday and is looking forward to exercising through the rest of the week. So much exercise to do, so little time to do it in!

No exercise for me yesterday yet again. No excuses except that I was really tired and went to bed instead. I need to get back on the ball! Good news is that I have my blood pressure meds now. Although, yesterday, even without them my blood pressure was really pretty good! Maybe my body is FINALLY ready to regulate it on my own!

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
Niccole

Replies

• NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Good morning! Hope everyone had a nice Monday and is looking forward to exercising through the rest of the week. So much exercise to do, so little time to do it in!

No exercise for me yesterday yet again. No excuses except that I was really tired and went to bed instead. I need to get back on the ball! Good news is that I have my blood pressure meds now. Although, yesterday, even without them my blood pressure was really pretty good! Maybe my body is FINALLY ready to regulate it on my own!

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Niccole
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    I did manage to get some over an hour of walking in yesterday. I found out I crave sweets when I'm worried (cat will be in the hospital for a few days). I was full after my veggie dinner last night and still wanted chocolate. All chocolate is banned from the house, but there were a few low calorie cookies in a cupboard. I ate a few cookies. Luckily now, I also like to move when I worry, so I got the house vacuumed. It was hard to stop between bites last night too. I will do better today!
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    O.k. you two, quit being so hard on yourselves! :flowerforyou: Sometimes the best exercise is to rest your mind & body so that you can rejuvinate. Take some time today to just enjoy life.

I'll check in tonight with my workout. But you two better post about a positive experience today! :wink:
  • vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    Gr8 day today 40 mins on elliptical this morning made pancakes (it is pancake day in the uk) for the kids for breakfast and didn't have any myself even though they smelt lovely. Went for a walk with the dogs we walked quickly cos it looked like rain and it was very windy. Just got back from picking my son up from school and we had a race back home, gotta go outside and clean out the guinea pigs now. Kids are having hot dogs for tea but I will have a nice chicken breast in cajun sauce.

My real challenge will be later I am going to a tots group tomorrow and it is my turn to bring a treat for the little ones so I am making rocky road fudge with no nuts just marshmallows my kids love it but I will not be sampling this batch it is just too high in cals for me and 1 piece wouldn't be enough so better not to have even that it will be tough.

Keep up the good work everybody!
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,694 Member
    Well, at least I THOUGHT about working out today. :laugh: I am going to clean the house. I already cleaned out my son's closet, drawers and room this morning. I still get out of breath going up and down the stairs thanks to the flu, but I am getting stronger. I leave for vacation in for days, so cleaning and packing will take a lot of my time. I'll hit the work outs hard when we get back!
    Hope you guys have a great work out day!
    Mel
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Good morning all. Pouring here in NY-almost all of our snow is gone...

I did the BL Power Sculpt today...it's good for a 300 calorie burn & I really enjoy it.

Everyone have a great day:flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Taking the day off, but will probably pick up the weights during the biggest loser. . .I won't be able to help myself.

:flowerforyou:
  • I made it to the gym this morning by 5:30, worked out for an hour and a half, (ran, elliptical, stairclimber), plus 50 quats, crunches, and 10 pushups. All in all it was a good workout day. Hopefully I can maintain the momentum the rest of the week. The hardest part really is getting up and getting there. Once I get past that part I'm good to go.
  • ariannedavis
    60 min aerobic/resistance
  • ariannedavis
    Was feeling good so did 30 min on gazelle too. I really feel like I'm about to drop on the scale... I just feel different which usually equates to a loss on the scale and a few more inches.

I compared my measurements since beginning in October and I'm exactly half way to my goal (except for my hips, I'm only down 1/3 there. But I have good ol fashioned child-bearing hips, so they just make my waist look smaller!)