# of days you exercise?

Options
I was wondering if you all think that doing an hour long kick boxing aerobics class, every other day is enough exercise?

Replies

• Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I'd probably throw in 2 days of strength too.
  • pickadilly2009
    pickadilly2009 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Well I can manage to get to some sort of structured excercise every other day. We do use weights if that makes any difference. It is low impact but...whew...holy cow...it kicks your rear! I am toning muscles I never even knew I had! I was doing a mile on the treadmil, 3 miles on the bike, a mile on the eliptical, 1000 stairs and then doing the weight machines. That was a normal workout for me but I have to say that this class is much harder to get through than my old workout.
  • bikermama
    bikermama Posts: 14
    Options
    three days of cario, like kickboxing and two days of strength training are ideal. if you could add a pilates class to that or body sculpt or just work with weights for strength.
  • bikermama
    bikermama Posts: 14
    Options
    since you are using weights in your kickboxing class i wouldn't add much too it. sounds like you are getting some strenght trainging already. the minimum reccomended time for exercise is 20-30 minutes 3 times a week. by exercising 1 hr every other day your are getting more than the minimum. thing is you don't won't to burn out by putting in too much time at the gym. finding something that you enjoy and feel like it is working you is the most important thing because then you will keep it up. i'm a class person myself i prefer working out with others rather than working out on my own. having others work-out with me keeps me going.
  • pickadilly2009
    pickadilly2009 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    That is sort of why I asked the question. I really feel like I am getting a much more rounded workout than I was getting. It is HARD! I can't even believe how hard it is! But I can already tell it is going to do great things for my core, legs and tooshy! OH THE SQUATS! lol I actually enjoy it a lot. It is a great group to work out with...from every age! I agree...it helps to have others around you that wont let you stop!
  • Wynnie
    Wynnie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    It's "enough" sure. Especially since most docs are thrilled if you bother to do 20 min 3x a week! You are making an A+ compared to the average.
    I try to do a 2-2-2 just to alleviate boredom and burnout. Every week, I do 2 cardio, 2 strength and 2 stretch (yoga or pilates), but I vary what they are specifically. It keeps me interested.
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Try to make exercise part of your DAILY routine. Even if you just take a walk or do some stretching on the "off" days, you are taking a positive approach to getting healthy and fit. An occasional day off is fine, but it is far too easy to fall back into that habit. Good luck!