Dinner Help- Cocktail Shrimp/Salad

I have some cocktail shrimp I bought for a party that I never used. Its tail on. I thought we would have that with cocktail sauce and some kind of salad and maybe something else. Any ideas? I am drawing a blank on what kind of salad and what else to serve with it. I would do french bread but I am powerless against good bread so I dont like to have it in my house.

Replies

• lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    I would just eat the shrimp and maybe trade the salad for cole slaw instead. Are you trying for more calories???? That's always a tough one for me too. Maybe a baked potato?
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Mmmm, shrimp cocktail. Love it! A little cheese, a simple salad, and yum!
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    mmmmmmmmmmmmm some wheat bread dipped in rosemary infused EVOO, spinach/strawberry/pineapple salad, fresh mozzerela cheese...mmm
  • Shrimp, avacado, and tomatoes makes a delicious salad! It's great with onion, cilantro, lime juice, etc., but just a little salt and pepper works great too! I have the same problem with bread, but if you try it with some Special K cracker chips or something along those lines, it's really great too.
  • katysmelly
    katysmelly Posts: 380 Member
    This is what I'm going to eat tomorrow (Lenten Friday = no meat). I'm going to have boiled peeled chilled prawns with cocktail sauce (I make my own from ketchup and horseradish sauce) over a bed of mixed baby leaves.

I had it for lunch recently and it was surprisingly filling. Probably because it's mostly protein and fibre. I had a pretty big serving of it, and it was less than 250 calories and I felt full. (The horseradish sauce is the most calorie-dense component, because it contains mayonnaise.)