HELPPP

Options
i am done eating for the day and i still have 464 calories left over.. should i eat something else just to finish my calories of the day ?

Replies

• bikermama
    bikermama Posts: 14
    Options
    not sure how many calories you are allowed each day, but rule of thumb is not to go under a 1000 calories a day, you won't lose if you stay below that number, and it is best to eat 1200 calories a day.
    so if i was below 1000 calories i think i would find something healthy like fruit to get my calorie intake to 1000.
  • blackbeltfairy
    Options
    I've got 462 left over today.

This happens whenever I exercise. The way I see it is that as long as I am not hungry, I shouldn't be eating.

If you do want to eat something with a lot of caloric punch and not a lot of substance, try a handful of almonds, or any nuts for that matter.
  • tiff1632
    tiff1632 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I wondered the same thing till I started reading back over my physio and anatomy books...

I work out 2 hours a day...I have a min of 1200 but sometime after 1 hour spinning and 1 hour weights I burn so much I can't eat it all back! Sooo I make sure I eat more than 1200, drink Protein shake and not be hungry. I can usually get in 1800-2000 cal a day...but no more... :laugh: (Never thought when I started this "get fit thing" 6 years ago I had to force myself to eat more!! That is something more couch potatoes should know!!!) :noway:

If you are not hungry and you are eating more than 1200...don't worry terribly. But a HARDER workout, you should up it with some complex carbs and protein.
    Keep up the good work! :flowerforyou:
  • Wynnie
    Wynnie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Depends on if you have the extra from exercizing or just from the food intake. If it's extra from exercize, I wouldn't worry about it. Sometimes I eat my extra work-out calories and sometimes I don't. You do want to avoid going too far under just on regular calories, tho, since it can make you go into starvation mode and plateau on weight loss.