Hello!

Options
HI All!

I'm new on here and am using it to inspire a change in my diet. I've been using another site (sparkpeople) for tracking and I've hit a weight loss plateau. In looking at my BMR and doing calcuations, SP has me eating (supposedly even with activity) what I feel are too few calories.... At least according to everything else that I'm reading. Naturally I'm a bit fearful of adding calories to what I'm eating, out of fear of weight gain, but I'm going to give it a try.

So I'm mostly using this to track my diet and exercise. I like how it is set up to take what you burn from what you eat to get your net daily calories. I think that's something I've been doing wrong for quite a long time now because I've been staying in the SP range. I'm hoping that using MFP will help me to see more of a weight loss!!

A little about me....

In December, 2009 I decided to change my way of living. I started eating healthy and working out (just walking, at a speed I can't even go as slow as anymore lol). Since that time I've lost 105 pounds, but I am down 160 pounds from my highest known weight (340) in the fall of 2004. This was after college and starting a job, getting into a new routine for about 5 months. I honestly don't know my actual highest weight but I suspect that it could've been as high as 350. My thinking is that those little changes during that time helped me to lose a little, but I'd never get on a scale or look at the doc's office so I wouldn't know. And my doc from back then is out of the area and I'm not sure where she is or how to obtain those old records. Oh well...

I have a bit of loose skin following weight loss and think that it could be part of why I cannot lose pounds. I have gotten smaller in terms of inches and look better, despite being at a similar weight as a few months ago. Not much you can do about skin! I have a consult on April 6th for skin removal surgery. I hope I'm ready!

I also have a website that goes into more detail http://www.littlemisspowerful.com and am on facebook: Little Miss Powerful. I write and post about my personal journey as well as good tips for fitness, diet, and weight loss. I've come a long way and now I want to inspire others to change too!

Also, please feel free to add me on here! I love motiviating and supporting others, and sometimes need it!

Replies