New to MFP - First week down...lots to go!!!

Options
Good morning!

I started tracking my calories and exercise (I use that word very loosely) one week ago. I am so excited because in my first week, I lost 5 pounds! I know that this initial weight loss is not typical and will trickle off. So, I'm hoping to make some great, on-line weight-loss friends to help with motivation and encouragement on the normal and bad weeks. :)

I have been going to a doctor about my weight. He finally gave me a solid, stern lecture and told me I HAVE to start counting my calories or I will NOT lose weight. He showed me on paper how you can "do good" for 5 straight days and then blow the entire week's effort on one meal at Chili's. I'm an IT nerd and seeing the actual math and numbers on paper really clicked with me. So, I came to MFP the next day.

Brief weight history:
I was a normal, healthy weight (sometimes a little too skinny) during childhood and my early 20's. I had a daughter at 24 and lost almost all the baby-weight with little to no issues. A year later, I was put on oral steroids for a year! I gained 50 pounds. I lost almost all of that weight but then started re-gaining it in my late 20's. Last year, I went on a weight loss kick and dropped 17 pounds! Not shabby, right? However, that is less than 1/2 of the weight I gained. When I started MFP one week ago, I was 15 pounds over a healthy BMI. I'm now only 10 pounds over that coveted 24.9! So, that is my first goal.

I'd love to get to know other people on this weight-loss journey. And I'll gladly trade my encouragement for yours!

All the best!
Casey

Replies

• sarahstoltman
    Options
    feel free to add me I love new friends :)
  • kc3poh
    kc3poh Posts: 10
    Options
    Thank you! And congrats on your weight loss and motivation. I love that your motto is, "The light finally turned on." I feel like that's what happened with me, too.
  • jgrayless
    Options
    I also need motivation! I have been doing this for awhile and have fallen off the wagon. Feel free to add me...I can use all the support I can get:smile:
  • AngieELS
    AngieELS Posts: 18
    Options
    You're off to a great start! Good luck!
  • jvrt559
    jvrt559 Posts: 4
    Options
    Feel free to add me I would love to have you as an encouraging friend. Have an awesome day!