Help me figure my calories -- PLEASE?!

Options
Okay...so I'm confused because I keep seeing different things on here. I am 5'5, 205lbs, and I want to lose 50-60 pounds. For now, I am staying between 1200-1400 calories.

Here's my question: do I eat back my exercise calories or not?? Some people say yes, and others say no, so I don't know if I'll get a straight answer or not, but I'm trying to get some clarity on both sides of the argument. Can anyone help me??

Thank you!!

Replies

• Trigrl83
    Trigrl83 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I think that if you are hungry and you exerciesed you shpuld eat your extra caloires. Eat them with high protein foods (chicken, eggs, protein shake, cottage cheese) If you are not hungry just save those calores and give yourself a pat on the back. Just be careful that you are not causing your body to go into Hunger Mode because then it is going to hold onto all the calories that it can to be SAFE.
  • Tourney3p0
    Tourney3p0 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    At 5'5", 205 lbs, your body devotes approximately 1650 calories per day to maintaining your organs alone. If you do not provide those 1650 calories in their entirety (after exercise), your body will begin to burn muscle in order for your heart, lungs, and brain to not shut down. If your goal is to lose weight, this might be acceptable to you. If your goal is to lose fat, you should eat at least 1650+however many calories you burn exercising.