hi everyone another newbie!

iamme
iamme Posts: 4 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
well i have just started to use this for the diary And then discovered theres a forum! i am trying to lose weight probably 3-4 stones but anythings a plus! i am looking for low fat recipies and fitness ideas to get me kick started!

anysuggestions...hints tips or just a chat would be much appreciated!

Replies

• BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    well i have just started to use this for the diary And then discovered theres a forum! i am trying to lose weight probably 3-4 stones but anythings a plus! i am looking for low fat recipies and fitness ideas to get me kick started!

anysuggestions...hints tips or just a chat would be much appreciated!

Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
  • MichB001
    MichB001 Posts: 1
    HI everyone,

I have today joined you all on this website in an effort to lose the weight I put on when pregnant with my son. I have tried to do it alone but when doing feeds at 2 in the morning half a pack of biscuits has been too hard to resist (followed by a bag of crisps or two!).

I am in a horrible rut where I just seem to be eating all day and none of it is healthy - I don't know how I got to this but I am now ready to do something about it.

I think the additional support from you guys and being able to track how much weight I am losing will give me the motivation to keep going.

I hope that in return I can motivate you guys if you are ever having a bad day.

Here's to a thinner, happier, healthier future for us all!

:laugh:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    HI everyone,

I have today joined you all on this website in an effort to lose the weight I put on when pregnant with my son. I have tried to do it alone but when doing feeds at 2 in the morning half a pack of biscuits has been too hard to resist (followed by a bag of crisps or two!).

I am in a horrible rut where I just seem to be eating all day and none of it is healthy - I don't know how I got to this but I am now ready to do something about it.

I think the additional support from you guys and being able to track how much weight I am losing will give me the motivation to keep going.

I hope that in return I can motivate you guys if you are ever having a bad day.

Here's to a thinner, happier, healthier future for us all!

Hi Mich, welcome to you too! :flowerforyou:
    As soon as I came here, and started seeing the totals of everything that I was putting in my mouth, and started making better food choices and getting some exercise, the weight started coming right off!
    Hopefully it'll be that same way for you too! :smile:
    Congratulations on your baby too! My "baby" is now 25 and got married a month ago! Time sure flies, that's for sure! :noway: :smile:
  • johnsoag
    johnsoag Posts: 59
    Welcome! Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I think you will love this site. I do. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.