weight-loss and libido

Options
Assuming we are all over 18. I going to guess that this is okay to talk about. If not I am incredibly sorry.

So my co-worker (who has lost 125 pounds) and I were having a talk about weight loss and she turns and tells me "Since I lost all the weight sex has been frigging incredible, I want to do it all the time now. Seriously I'm like a flipping rabbit. It's gotten to the point where my husband has had to tell me that he has a headache.:laugh: " Now I like to think I have a pretty healthy sex drive, but is it possible to have a higher drive just because you lost weight?

Yes I understand a part of it is because you are more confident and therefore feel more sexy, but can is there any relation between weight and sex?

Replies

• ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I've heard this before as well. I always thought it was from more confidence. I guess it could be something inside as well...I mean you do become more energetic when you lose weight, etc. Sooo...hmmm...
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Well I had a high sex drive before I lost weight...... But yeah its worse now :blushing: much worse lol I all can say is thank goodness for batteries :bigsmile:
  • HJCsDaddy
    HJCsDaddy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I can only speak for myself, but it's a double edge sword, as I have trimmed down quite a bit and my libido is unphased, however, my wife seems to feel more self conscious and has cut back. She is losing weight as well, but not quite as quickly as me. I don't know whats up, it sucks though.
  • Steelheart7
    Steelheart7 Posts: 1,056
    Options
    Mine has gone through the roof!
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Going from overweight ----> normal weight usually increases libido, assuming you aren't doing something stupid with your diet.

"Bodybuilder" types pushing bodyfat lower then what their bodies are genetically comfortable with
    > decreased libido. I've been there, and it ain't fun.
  • frosty73
    frosty73 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I think increasing exercise also increases libido, and most people who are losing weight are also doing more exercise. It kind of makes sense.... increased blood flow to all your body.....
  • kidakiwi04
    kidakiwi04 Posts: 238
    Options
    hmmm. another side benefit from losing weight. :drinker:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Yes, when I gained weight my libido decreased, my self esteem went down the drain, and my endurance tanked. Now that I'm getting back to my game-day size, I'm driving my poor fiancee crazy. Not that he's complaining, but I have taken up a lot more of his free time lately.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Well I had a high sex drive before I lost weight...... But yeah its worse now :blushing: much worse lol I all can say is thank goodness for batteries :bigsmile:

LOL it wouldn't be so bad if I had a BF lol. But I'm playing the singles scene right now and have to remind myself that I can't misbehave to badly:smokin:
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    While my libido was already quite high, my wife is much more attentive to me since I start dropping the poundage.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Definitely an increase in libido; unfortunately, not much to do with it. :sad:
  • thamre
    thamre Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I have definitely seen an increase in my sex drive...hubby cannot keep up to me:blushing: . I keep teasing him that I need to go out and find me a young substitute :laugh: He doesn't like that {shrug}. Oh well, I always got BOB under the bed :smokin:
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    At about age 35 my libido went through the roof. Now factor in working out... yes, yes I would agree.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Going from overweight ----> normal weight usually increases libido, assuming you aren't doing something stupid with your diet.

"Bodybuilder" types pushing bodyfat lower then what their bodies are genetically comfortable with
    > decreased libido. I've been there, and it ain't fun.

I have to agree, I did a very calorie restricted diet ( don't want to get into it here, do not want to cause a lock). my low libido drove me crazy (probably my wife to ) it's a very odd feeling.
  • allysonb80
    allysonb80 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    back in the day I had a VERY high labido. Then I gained 100 lbs and it tanked. Now that the weight is coming off I find my labido coming back. BUT the first 360 pounds I lost was my ex hubby. :-/ Oh batteries...
  • I_like_me_now
    Options
    I don't know if losing the weight was an aphrodisiac or what but when I fist lost weight to get back to where I wanted to be I felt pretty, well horny. But when I finally got back in the saddle I realized it was more than just a sense - lol!
    Defiinitely, at least in my case, the libido is stronger than ever!
  • carlynn13
    carlynn13 Posts: 281
    Options
    I have a very healthy appetite lately, I think gaining confidence after weight loss is certainly a factor
  • I_like_me_now
    Options
    Confidence has lot to do with it I think as well. I like me and the way I look and the way I feel.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    For men you have to realize that lowering the weight and the fatty tissue helps lower estrogen which helps with you T-levels and then your libido.

or as a Dr. puts it:

"If you're overweight, losing that excess fat and exercising will probably increase your testosterone levels. Put that together with the improved self-esteem that comes with losing weight and it is not surprising that the sex drive is re-invigorated."
  • I_like_me_now
    Options
    I have definitely seen an increase in my sex drive...hubby cannot keep up to me:blushing: . I keep teasing him that I need to go out and find me a young substitute :laugh: He doesn't like that {shrug}. Oh well, I always got BOB under the bed :smokin:
    BOB and batteries..heck I have had to go electric! I could single handedly (no pun intended!) keep up the share price in duracell!