What is your favorite motivational quote, saying or mantra?

Options

Replies

• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Weight loss starts in the mind

Your goals, minus your doubts, equals your reality
  • DLDzioba
    DLDzioba Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Listen to the MUSTN'Ts child, Listen to the DON'Ts
    Listen to the SHOULDN'Ts the IMPOSSIBLEs
    The WON'Ts
    Listen to the NEVER HAVES
    then listen close to me
    ANYTHING can happen, child
    ANYTHING can be

I probably got the spacing all wrong but it's a Shel Silverstein poem. One of my favorites.
  • fuschiadiamond
    fuschiadiamond Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Don't give up what you want most for what you want now.

You can't get much done in life if you only work in the days when you feel good. - Jerry West
  • Ripken818836701
    Ripken818836701 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Ok. last one I promise!!! Sh%t Happens!!!
  • Get_Me_Fit
    Options
    My fav at this moment is
    "Im losing weight for me. But im also doing it as a big SCREW YOU to all the people out there who never gave me a chance because i was fat."

other motivation quotes during workout/diet;

"Youve come too far to take orders from cookie"
    "you may not have your dream body by the time you were hoping, but you'll look a hell of a lot better than you do now"
    "The secret to successful weightloss is simple; self love." < that one is on my ticker.
  • Get_Me_Fit
    Options
    "If God brings me to it.....He will bring me through it!" God is not finished with me yet I am still being molded!!

I love this
  • 1979rrh
    1979rrh Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Maybe someone has posted this one already, but here is mine...

"The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bull**** story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”
  • Taylerr88
    Taylerr88 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    1 year from now what will you have wished you did today?
  • mrsmangomum
    Options
    Today is never too late to be brand new.

And I like working out to the song Boom Boom Pow, when they say "gotta get that boom boom boom" because I just gotta get that boom boom boom. Haha
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    "The secret to successful weightloss is simple; self love." < that one is on my ticker.

Lol, what keeps me going is self-hate :/
  • maddyg1989
    maddyg1989 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My favorite is by Mark Twain: "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog." I apply that to EVERYTHING in my life. Especially work since I'm very new and young and faith is very short in my line of work. It helps me not give up when everyone says I'm not experienced enough to handle something.

And it helps a lot when you're doing heavy strength training and cardio. :)
  • maddyg1989
    Options

True... I struggle with both. But, I always seem to get a better workout when I hate myself because I always put on some Three Days Grace or Mudvayne and go crazy in the gym. lol
  • beautifulbeast11
    beautifulbeast11 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Mine is "Nothing tastes as good as fit feels."

You, obviously, have never had cheescake. :wink:

And I used to agree with that statement until someone suggested it leads to an unhealthy attitude towards food.

See, I think that statement is WAAAAY better than "Nothing tastes as good as SKINNY feels."

Because really, that is an unhealthy attitude towards food.

I love the switch to it by adding 'fit' instead of 'skinny'.

As for a favorite mantra... hmmm, that's tough because during my work outs and runs my brain is always just repeating "Go, dammit. GO!"
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options

True... I struggle with both. But, I always seem to get a better workout when I hate myself because I always put on some Three Days Grace or Mudvayne and go crazy in the gym. lol

Lol - it's effective, you just have to use it to your advantage!

to quote Dr Cox from Scrubs...

The key to my exercise program is this one simple truth: I hate my body....Do you understand that the second you look in the mirror and you're happy with what you see, baby you just lost the battle!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    "Go Big or Go Home!"

I had originally used it when working out (the husband uses it on me all the time: "What, you're not upping your weights? Why don't you just go home then?!" LOL!) Now it's my motto for pretty much everything.
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    don't compare your journey with someone else. Your journey is your journey not a competition
  • maddyg1989
    Options

Lol - it's effective, you just have to use it to your advantage!

to quote Dr Cox from Scrubs...

The key to my exercise program is this one simple truth: I hate my body....Do you understand that the second you look in the mirror and you're happy with what you see, baby you just lost the battle!

Good results = Battle won. But the war will never be over. Ever. ;P
  • dandur
    dandur Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    We cannot become who we want to be by remaining who we are.
  • DLDzioba
    DLDzioba Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Shut the F*** up and do it! -Bob from the biggest loser
  • MisterTEZ
    MisterTEZ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Winston Churchill: Never, never, never, never give up