Problem with netting??

Options
I have problems with netting - can you advise me on this? I've only been on here for like 2 months and the more I start paying attention to what I eat and how much of it the less I'm netting even though I'm stuffed at the end of the day. I never feel hungry and I'm losing slowly but surely. The doctor says I'm making great progress but I have had people on here tell me I'm not netting enough calories at the end of the day. Heres an example yesterday I at almost 1800 calories but only netted like 989 or 1000 - I want to net 1200 but after working out - I drink my protein shake and I still dont have enough...I just dont want to eat 2 hrs before I'm going to bed. Any suggestions? Maybe I should do a late night snack - like special k cereal or something? Grapefruit? I just dont want to go to bed with food on my tummy. It's not like I'm starving myself. Any tips??

Thanks!

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Look for some calorie dense options: a handful of nuts, some nut butter on rice cakes, guacamole (avacado). These are calorie dense, but filled with good fats. Add these throughout your day.

Greek yogurt with honey or berries .... tons of protein. Cottage cheese (or cheese sticks) have protein too.
  • wolfehound22
    Options
    As long as your losing weight and feeling good, and not crashing during your workouts I wouldn't worry to much. If you are hungry, or feeling run down during workouts, I would start to up it, but until then I would just keep doing what your doing.
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Try swapping out foods you eat regularly for higher calorie options. For example, 2% milk instead of skim or non-fat milk. Greek yogurt instead of the regular stuff. Make your choices wisely and keep an eye on your total fat and sodium (as you up the calories, fat and sodium tend to go up too). Do it slowly so you see what is and isn't working. But in the end, if you are happy with what you are doing now and are losing, who cares what anyone says. We're all different. What works for some is just that...working fo SOME!

Good luck!
  • cranberrycat
    cranberrycat Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I believe that if you are getting your minimun 1200 calories in, that you are taking in what you need to get your body's nutrients. I would not worry about "netting" 1200 because you obviously are burning up a lot of calories. If you have good energy and not losing any lean body mass, then you are doing fine.

If, however, you are losing lean body mass and lacking energy, then you should probably eat back more of those exercise calories until you are truly meeting your needs.