Starving today!

Options
I have eaten a normal breakfast (oatmeal, strawberries, dollop of yogurt, butter, sugar). Hot coffee.

A normal lunch --1 slice Ezekial Bread, Egg salad (eggs, mayo, greek yogurt) and mixed greens

A snack - A kiwi, 4 Blue Diamond Hazelnut thins and 1/2 tbsp of nutella....

STARVING. I'm headed to work out now. I have several calories left, but I usually have a small snack after working out AND we are going out to dinner tonight, and I like to allow calories for that because even healthy restaurant meals are high-cal.

I've been drinking water non stop.

Any help? I don't want to go over but this is the worse day I've had yet.

When I work out I usually eat 1/2 of my workout calories.

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,958 Member
    Options
    It's ok to feel hungry once in a while. :smile:
  • anorton45
    anorton45 Posts: 62
    Options
    try half a cup of low fat cottage cheese. or celery and peanut butter.
  • SCUBAMomofTwo
    Options
    I don't believe it's a good idea to go into a workout starving. Have a small snack on your way to the gym.
  • jcriscuolo
    jcriscuolo Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    That seems like a low amount of calories for a day. And remember it's OK to go over once in a while.
    Enjoy the dinner tonight and start again tomorrow.
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    When I am hungry for no good reason, I chew sugarfree gum. It really helps.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    .....just eat somethin', dangit!

A person should never feel starved.................diet or no diet, plan or no plan. If you're hungry, then eat!

There's 364 days to make it up!

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • browntracy72
    browntracy72 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    That is so funny you post this, I have been starving today and so has some of my friends, maybe our metabolism has woke from the dead.
  • cvpis4me
    cvpis4me Posts: 50
    Options
    Just cave and have an extra snack. I find myself experiencing this every 4 or 5 days. I call it my Starving Day. In fact, I'm having one today! Where it seems like the normal food you usually eat just isn't enough. So I have an extra snack or a piece of chocolate or something to just make the hunger go away. I don't feel bad about going over on my calories that day because clearly my body needs it. And I still lose weight in the long run.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Try eating back all of your exercise calories?
  • MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I felt like I was starving yesterday... so I had a small snack or two. Please eat something and don't get grumpy like I do =)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    How about just planning on eating ALL of your exercise calories today?
  • maddyg1989
    maddyg1989 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Protein shake. Find a yummy low carb one. I LOVE Amplify! They keep you filled up and full of energy. Perfect for a pre workout or morning smoothie (Chocolate is the best, especially with bananas!!!)
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    Honestly, this is going to happen every once in awhile and it sucks! However, I strongly believe if theres a day where you are just hungry all the time you should try eating a little bit more that day. One day isn't going to kill your weight loss-actually it may help. It could be your body crying out for more food for a reason. Just try sticking to as many healthy snacks as possible and lots of proteins!
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you, I've been snacking like crazy for the last 2 days (I think its because its that t.o.m. for me, but still!)
  • lizzzylou
    lizzzylou Posts: 325
    Options
    When I am hungry for no good reason, I chew sugarfree gum. It really helps.

^^^ this ... AND when i'm craving sweets!
  • megs2003
    megs2003 Posts: 90
    Options
    I would suggest starting to eat back your exercise calories. And if your goal is only 1200 calories, this may be your body telling you it's not enough. If you are actually hungry then you should listen to your body, it will tell you what it needs.
  • momma924
    momma924 Posts: 26
    Options
    The weekend and first couple days of this week I was netting around 1200 calories; drinking my water, eating good. Felt Satisfied.

These last 2 days, even after getting my 1200 calories, I felt like I could eat an entire buffet! (I didn't lol)

But I did eat a little more and did go over my calories because I was just hungry!

So eat if you are hungry!

And today I am going to Olive Garden, and there's no way I even WANT to count calories with that...
    One bread stick is like 150 calories.. and I can't go there and only eat one ... ha ha ha....
  • Mocab76
    Mocab76 Posts: 1
    Options
    What I like to do is have healthy snack ready for me just in case i feel that way, which is usually everyday and even more now that i am running. I prepare small fruit snack on sunday and put them in small bowls or sandwich bags like grapes, strawberries or i even eat a banana or apple before working out. If that doesn't work try getting some varieties of Laughing Cow cheese and a couple of wheat tortilla chips. That always curves my appetite. I like to get the Chipotle Laughing Cow cheese (add 1) and probably about 1/2 cup of picante sauce with 10-14 Tostitos wheat scoop chips as a snack.
    Sometimes it is just a taste you need to curve that hungry feeling.
    Hope this helps!
  • jfl613
    jfl613 Posts: 71
    Options
    We all have those days. It has been my experience to listen to my body and have a little something extra in moderation. Don't go crazy with the portion size of that little extra something but do indulge. The key is moderation. Enjoy!
  • Taylerr88
    Taylerr88 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    eat some vegetables... they will fill you up ... and if you still get that urge to eat something... brush your teeth or chew gum