My progress pictures- 33 pounds down

Options
Rays_Wife
Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
I can't believe I am doing this. I've never really posted anything of my own before but here goes nothin. I've been in somewhat of a rut lately. Been very discouraged as my weight loss has slowed dramatically. My weight hasn't budged in a couple of weeks. I'm three months into this, and already thinking "Man this is becoming mind numbing". I sat in the parking lot of the gym today, and thoughts of just throwing in the towel came into my head. The old me would have given up. But I'm not that person anymore. I've made a complete lifestyle change. It has been a gradual progression for me. Little by little, I gave up my bad habits and replaced them with better ones. I used to be a lazy, couch potato binge eater. I've been a binger for 20 years. My eating disorder started at age 13. That binge eating led to weight gain and depression. I went on diet after diet, going through the starve/binge cycle. For a short time in highschool, I was bulimic. Needless to say, food and I haven't had the best relationship. The concept of portion control and balance was foreign to me. I realized 3 months ago I needed to get off this rollercoaster and end the cycle once and for all. I had to take control of my life. And I have. I am proud to say that I've been binge-free for 104 days now. I started January 1st, 2012 like most people. BUT deep down I knew this was not just a New Year's resolution that would get kicked to the wayside in a couple weeks. Something in me had clicked. About a week into it, I stumbled onto MFP. I haven't looked back since.

Okay. here they are. I'm really nervous, I've never posted pictures before!!

Summer 2011 - BEFORE 290 pounds (btw I'm 5'7)
resize.jpg

December 2011- BEFORE 290 pounds (I was hiding a little behind my brother)
before2.jpg

Today March 29 2012 - DURING 257 pounds (sorry just came out of shower, no makeup!!)
during257.jpg

I guess I just really needed to see and reflect on how far I've come. Sometimes it gets discouraging when I think about how far I have yet to go. I just look back at the road I've traveled and think WOW I did that?? If I can accomplish this, the sky is the limit right? If you are reading this and are discouraged like I was, just think about how far you've come. Get your old picture out and look. Really look! You can do this. If I can do this - a former binge eater who laughed at all things healthy - anyone can!

Thanks for listening to my story.

edited to add sorry they are so big!!!

Replies

• mayralee13
    mayralee13 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Ur doing great. Keep on with it..........
  • mickeygirliegirl
    mickeygirliegirl Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! :smile:
  • kristinL16
    kristinL16 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Nice work! Sounds like you have made a lot of great changes in your life.
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Awesome work...Keep it up!
  • randilynn113
    randilynn113 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!!! You look great - 33 pounds is a great start!

Thanks for sharing your pics and story - It is very inspirational :) I looked at some pics that my sister had posted on Facebook from Christmas and I was thinking, yuck!! I am now finally holding myself accountable - and it feels great!

Again, Congrats on your accomplishment!
  • Bohohippy
    Bohohippy Posts: 56
    Options
    Hiya, I can see a really difference between the now photo and the middle one. :) Good work, I started at 224lb, I got down to 204lb but gained it over Christmas again so am starting at 224 again. xxx lol
  • coco66441
    Options
    Youre awesome!
  • KristysGonnaGetFit
    KristysGonnaGetFit Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    you are making GREAT progress in just 3 short months, just think what you can do in the NEXT 3 months!! Awesome job, I can totally see the difference, keep it up!
  • grumpytroll
    grumpytroll Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Well done !!
  • vcorbin01
    vcorbin01 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look good and it's never to late to turn your life around. Proud that you realized that and are making such awesome changes in your life. Keep up the work and it will give you endless results!!
  • katscoots
    katscoots Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Excellent work! totally inspiring.
  • juliedozier
    juliedozier Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss! Our stories are parellel, I too started Jan. 1 and have lost 32 pounds so far. I have NOT taken any pictures (shame on me). I have been "fluffly" my entire life and in the last year have been sturggling with knee and foot pain. I've just decided I'm done with it, time to get healthy. My goal is to lose 100 pounds this year.

I lost my brother in February, complications from Type 2 diabetes, yet another reason to stay focused and get healthy. I want to be around for my kids and grand babies and be healthy enough to have fun with them!

You've done really well - don't get discouraged. kist keep going!
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    You are doing so well, and I'm glad you posted pics! I can definitely see how your efforts are paying off. Hope I can be a support to you on your continuing journey!
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :smile: :smile: :smile: I just wish I could have figured out how to resize the darn pictures lol oh well. Can we say WHOAH hahaha and my first picture for some reason got cut off on the right side. hmmm
  • mamapaints
    mamapaints Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    You are doing really great! We all get discouraged and stuck in ruts sometimes but the key is not to stay there. Congrats on your loss so far and keep it up! :)
  • jfl613
    jfl613 Posts: 71
    Options
    Keep going and don't ever look back! Your progress is commendable. Be proud of yourself. We all are!! :happy:
  • ttkg
    ttkg Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    What great success so far - I can really see the difference the loss of those 33 lbs has made, congratulations!! Thanks so much for sharing your story, it IS inspiring. Keep at it and don't let the plateau get you down, you will pass it sooner or later. :flowerforyou:
  • chrishaupt
    Options
    that's awesome keep it up!

There's only one thing that can guarantee our failure, and that's if we quit!
  • th2much
    th2much Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I am SO proud of you!!!! Your progress is Amazing!!! & all the effort you are putting in ---> shows!!!! Keep going !!!!
  • Hink4Iowa
    Hink4Iowa Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    How did you get your before and after picture posted I cant seem to do this
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!