from smoking couch potato to... with pics

Options

Replies

• mjbrowne
    mjbrowne Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Oh thank you all soooooooooooo much for all these compliments.
    Woohoooo, it's been a long long time ago that somebody called me hot :bigsmile:
    Yes, I feel absolutely great and healthy, I will stick to my healthy diet and to logging my cals.
    I couldn't have done this without my ever so supporting MFP friends from all over the world. Guys, you and your compliments made my tears...like... wet...or so:smooched:
    I got quite a few messages from pals asking what my secret was/is:
    cardio and resistance. Oh, how I love the Jillian Michaels workouts. Thank you Jillian, without you I wouldn't have these strong arms:heart: and yes, I hate push ups and lunges but I do them .
    Thanks again for all your kind words. That means a lot to me:flowerforyou:

Hello? (taps microphone) Is this thing on?? :wink: I'd like to ask a question..and I think I speak for all of us.. Can we get a word or two about your LONG plateu? You will further inpsire to acknowledge that even superstars like you stall...and can we have some words of advice on how to push through those ruts? (I think it was rest days and more healthy calories?) INSPIRE ME SOME MORE, BABY!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Richardson62617
    Richardson62617 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Wow you do look amazing..Good job..Hard work really does pay off and I cant wait til it has paid off for me :)
  • kurtisgoingskinny
    kurtisgoingskinny Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ok. Best inspiration ever.
  • nikkijennings
    nikkijennings Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!!!! That's amazing in such a short time!!!! x
  • tinamina78
    tinamina78 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    *high five*

That's AWESOME!! I quit smoking 4 years ago and started running... I did gain a little tho... you ROCK and you look AMAZING!

:drinker:
  • confuzzledwife
    Options
    Well HOT damn girl! Good for you!!!!!!!!!! I started at about the same weight as you.. and my goal is right around where you are! Also... congrats on quitting smoking!!!!!!!! :)
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    now there's a kick-butt lady who means business!! fantastic job, you look amazing!
  • tdaddybarlow
    tdaddybarlow Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    You are a true success story!!! Awesome job!
  • Karalopolous
    Options
    Oww oww!! YOu look awesome!
  • mississippi_queen
    mississippi_queen Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Yes, I feel absolutely great and healthy, I will stick to my healthy diet and to logging my cals.
    I couldn't have done this without my ever so supporting MFP friends from all over the world. Guys, you and your compliments made my tears...like... wet...or so:smooched:
    cardio and resistance. Oh, how I love the Jillian Michaels workouts. Thank you Jillian, without you I wouldn't have these strong arms:heart: and yes, I hate push ups and lunges but I do them .

I love your doggies! I have 2 german shepherds myself and LOVE them. Congrats on your transformation!
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    wow-you look great

well done
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!! I need some motivation on my eating and working out. My weakness is eating too much. I need to put the chocolate down! lol :) You look great!
  • lilmisskrys24
    Options
    Such a great inspiration! Way to go!
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Good job! You look great -- amazing transformation.
  • KMiche82
    KMiche82 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Your awesome you look great!
  • luhluhlaura
    luhluhlaura Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    You look FABULOUS--fit, toned, and healthy! way to go!

and I can't stress this enough...
    CONGRATULATIONS on quitting smoking!!!!!! :)
    I know it's extremely difficult. You've just added years back on to your lifespan! You are an inspiration!
  • musky4
    musky4 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    THAT IS AWESOME -
    I can only hope for those results - as I too quit smoking in January -
    hurt my foot so i couldnt exercise like i wanted to -
    BUT - no more pain - I'm on it!!!! (did you 'crave' anything in replacement of the cigarettes?)
  • shopewell70
    shopewell70 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Wow....I have been waiting on this post for quite sometime. You have to be proud of yourself and the accomplishments you have made. Not only on the outside but for what you have done for yourself on the inside. For those of you that are not friends on MFP with her, I can truly say she is an inspiration to many of us. She will pick you up when you are down, she will kick your butt to do more when you want to give up, and she will lend an ear to listen when things arent just right. So as to add to her success, I want her to know just how proud I am of her and what a terrific and wonderful person she is. Congrats girl !!!!! Keep up all the hard work!!!!
  • CnocNaCu
    CnocNaCu Posts: 536 Member
    Options

Hello? (taps microphone) Is this thing on?? :wink: I'd like to ask a question..and I think I speak for all of us.. Can we get a word or two about your LONG plateu? You will further inpsire to acknowledge that even superstars like you stall...and can we have some words of advice on how to push through those ruts? (I think it was rest days and more healthy calories?) INSPIRE ME SOME MORE, BABY!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
    hahahahaha, I am NOT a super star :blushing:
    But let me inspire you, MJ.
    Yes, I hit a plateau and broke it with your help. You were the one to send me a message asking me not to go to bed hungry. At that time I had cut my cals because I didn't lose any more. Thank you for that.
    I also tried very hard to have a rest day because I used to work out hard every single day. Last but not least upping the calories helped a lot, too. Thank you my friend:flowerforyou:
  • CnocNaCu
    CnocNaCu Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    THAT IS AWESOME -
    I can only hope for those results - as I too quit smoking in January -
    hurt my foot so i couldnt exercise like i wanted to -
    BUT - no more pain - I'm on it!!!! (did you 'crave' anything in replacement of the cigarettes?)

Thanks, no, the craving was there for 3 days, after that only occasionally. Since I had already started with a better diet and exercising I did push ups when I thought I needed a *kitten*. I just dropped on the floor (at home only LOL)
    Today I'm addicted to exercise but that's better than smoking.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!