Psoriasis - Unexpected NSV?

Options
Recently I've noticed that my normally quite severe Psoriasis seems to be slightly less severe. I haven't flared in over a month - a serious abnormality for me! Even after a highly stressful weekend, which would normally send my P into overdrive, I've not developed any new plaques and the development seems to have slowed moderately, particularly on my scalp. Since nothing has ever really helped before, I have to assume that this is a byproduct of my healthier lifestyle.

I'm unlucky enough to have Psoriatic Arthritis as well, which also seems to be less painful as of late. My hands and feet normally ache to the point of my not being able to fall asleep, but for the last three weeks I've not had a single night like that.

I think I'm officially calling this a NSV! :)

I'd love to hear your stories as they relate to Psoriasis and weight loss!

Replies

• Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome NSV! I also have psoriatic arthritis with spondylitis/sacroillitis which is part of what started me on this journey. Unfortunately it hasn't helped with mine... I'm just waiting to get into the rhuematologist to start a disease modifying drug. I was hoping shedding some weight would decrease flares but the exercise has actually had the opposite effect for me. But I'm still chugging along hoping to eventually get better results! :flowerforyou:
  • LilRedPitViper
    Options
    I'm so sorry you haven't seen an improvement. Mine was so unexpected so maybe yours is just taking a little longer to show itself. :) Like I said, nothing had really helped for so long, I had nearly given up on finding some relief!