Logging the Strength Exercises

Options
Hi this is going to sound like a *really* stupid question, but here goes anyway.
I just can't figure out how to log the strength exercises properly. Number of sets I understand, repetitions per set I understand, but Weight/Rep I don't really get... what am I meant to put in there? The weight of what I'm lifting- In one hand or in both? In lb or kg?

My other problem is that I don't know what anything I'm doing is called...I've just been given some little 1.1kg/2.5lb weights as a present and I've never used them before so I am just going by some online videos to get some idea. But sure, I'll figure that one out I'm sure when I've figured out a routine!

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Lukazetta
    Lukazetta Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Hi this is going to sound like a *really* stupid question, but here goes anyway.
    I just can't figure out how to log the strength exercises properly. Number of sets I understand, repetitions per set I understand, but Weight/Rep I don't really get... what am I meant to put in there? The weight of what I'm lifting- In one hand or in both? In lb or kg?

My other problem is that I don't know what anything I'm doing is called...I've just been given some little 1.1kg/2.5lb weights as a present and I've never used them before so I am just going by some online videos to get some idea. But sure, I'll figure that one out I'm sure when I've figured out a routine!

Thanks in advance!

I add weights on both hand w/ lbs (I think it's mostly there to track your progress so english units/metrics shouldn't matter). Online videos are a good way to figure out a good routine, especially on youtube.
    Also, if you need some new ideas for doing weight training you may want to search "circuit training for women".
  • alicepoppyh
    Options
    Thank you!! Both hands in lbs it is!

And thanks for the tip on searching online, am a complete newbie to this side of things so need to explore a lot I think :)