Guesstimate my calories...

Options
2»

Replies

• treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    When I'm at a buffet, I make two identical plates. I eat one and take one home to incinerate in my bomb calorimeter. That way, I know the exact calorie count!

:wink:

bomb_calorimeter.gif
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I made some adjustments to the dinner plan this evening so I should be okay. Thanks for your help everyone. I usually just break everything down at these potlucks anyway, but I was just curious what everyone's guesstimations would look like.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Well I took someone's suggested and just guessed at entries. That came out to around 475 calories! :noway:

Look's like I'll be out jogging tonight.

BAM! am I awesome or WHAT!!!!!

(feel free to brag about my amazing skills on your newsfeed to all your friends. :wink: )
  • threasarenee
    threasarenee Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I would say 600 calories easily!
  • aweightymatter
    Options
    would be fun to get that MEALSNAP app and compare!

(sorry i'm terrible at guessing - it's why i re-joined here after quitting!)

Mealsnap is an awesome concept but I tried using it for a while before discovering MFP, and it was always off! Or, it would give me calorie ranges like "150 to 400" -- well, there's a big difference between 150 and 400, haha. It's nice to keep a visual diary of your food though.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    When I'm at a buffet, I make two identical plates. I eat one and take one home to incinerate in my bomb calorimeter. That way, I know the exact calorie count!

:wink:

bomb_calorimeter.gif

LOL! My daughter and I made one of those for her science project. I don't think it was very accurate. But man, it was awesome to watch that Oreo burn!! I was fascinated! Never did completely get that thing incinerated. You could still visibly read the Oreo logo on the tiny little lump of charcoal that was left.
  • aweightymatter
    Options
    I made some adjustments to the dinner plan this evening so I should be okay. Thanks for your help everyone. I usually just break everything down at these potlucks anyway, but I was just curious what everyone's guesstimations would look like.

I hope you had a nice time with your daughter though!! That's really the most important thing for today :happy:
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Exactly!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

I hope you had a nice time with your daughter though!! That's really the most important thing for today :happy:

Yes I did. Thank you so much!
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    tea-1-1.jpg

I love how the sandwiches at the Four Seasons have calories . . . but no fat, carbs, or protein. They must be pure alcohol!

This /\/\

I mean it isn't shocking for a buffet with sandwiches and cake!
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    would be fun to get that MEALSNAP app and compare!

(sorry i'm terrible at guessing - it's why i re-joined here after quitting!)

Mealsnap is an awesome concept but I tried using it for a while before discovering MFP, and it was always off! Or, it would give me calorie ranges like "150 to 400" -- well, there's a big difference between 150 and 400, haha. It's nice to keep a visual diary of your food though.

Ooo. Good to know. That's the difference between a 3 or an 8 mile run for me - :laugh:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    tea-1-1.jpg

I love how the sandwiches at the Four Seasons have calories . . . but no fat, carbs, or protein. They must be pure alcohol!

This /\/\

I mean it isn't shocking for a buffet with sandwiches and cake!

Yep that is pretty much what my diary came out looking like right there. Except I broke down the sandwiches and fractioned them out. They really were like slivers of sandwiches.

Guess I should have loaded up on more fruit. I actually passed on the pineapple which is completely unlike me.
  • kaitlynnrogers
    kaitlynnrogers Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    tea-1-1.jpg

that was so nice!!
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    myestimates.jpg

If I ate that, this is what I would have put in my journal.