get me started please

Options
OK. You've all got me hooked. I've messed around with Jillian long enough. We were good at first. But now we're going nowhere. I want to weight train for real!

I've ordered The New Rules of Lifting for Women from the library.

My birthday is Sunday and my husband asked me what I want...

So, what do I want?!

I don't belong to a gym and have no plans (or time). But I will shell out a couple hundred bucks on some home equipment. Do I need a bench? Barbell, weights...some sort of rack thingy?! (I have no idea...)

I have free weights up to 15 pounds (and it's all I can do to use those 15 lb'ers right now!) That's it.

Someone get me started please :)

And can I still run while doing this? I love running and will miss it dearly if I have to give it up completely...

Replies

• LastSixtySix
    LastSixtySix Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Wow, what great mindset and determination to keep upping the workout ante. Jillian has trained me to do most of my cardio with weights - so that I get a threefer in one (cardio, muscle strengthening, and bone protection). I only do cardio now once a week so can't help you on the running part.

However, why not "play" with all the weight equipment at a gym for four weeks? Using the free and the equipment? That way, you can test drive before you invest all of that money.

-Debra