Total daily water intake. Do you include tea/coffee/other dr

Options

Replies

• momof2winsplus
    momof2winsplus Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I drink other things throughout the day, but still try to get 8 glasses of water on top of that. If I drink only pop/tea, I end up retaining water.
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    water is water.
    everything else is crap.
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    It also doesn't matter if there's caffeine in the coffee or tea. Water is water is water and it doesn't matter what form it's in.

It matters a whole lot!!!!!!

Actually, caffeine TAKES water away from your body. So while you think you might be getting 8 oz of water in your caffeinated coffee, you are actually taking water out of your body!

omg...get a clue please!
  • love2bthin
    love2bthin Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    No I only count my water and my daily water intake. :smile:
  • ladylaine
    ladylaine Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I ADD EVERYTHING I DRINK BUT I DRINK 72OZ OF WATER A DAY
  • gonnadidit
    gonnadidit Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    there is water in my beer, can I count that also, lmao
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Monster where are you with your links?!

Water is water. But other liquids hydrate you too. I count coffee, tea, and some other thigns into my daily water intake. I count it more as "fluid" goal to keep hydrated.
  • TheReese1206
    Options
    I personally only count plain water. No coffee, tea, ect.
  • kajo50
    kajo50 Posts: 12
    Options
    I count my iced tea and lemonade towards my water intake. Don't drink coffee and rarely drink sodas. I do try and make sure that at least 1/2 my fluid intake is just plain water.
  • takehimaway
    takehimaway Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Nope, just agua!
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I only count water but my nutritionist said that the tea and coffee count. I don't really believe the water myth. I drink when I am thirsty. And I drink a little extra when I am going to workout, or working out.
  • harebearva
    harebearva Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Apparently there are no studies or research that support the "caffeine diuretic" claim. Any claims to the contrary appear to be anechdotal at best. So until science proves that it is a diuretic, I will continue to count ALL liquid intake. But that's just me.
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    NOPE - my 96-128 oz are always just water... my coffee, diet soda, or anything else I drink goes in my food log...
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Nope only count water. It's not hard to take in enough water. I use a 24oz water bottle and drink 3 a day, at least.
  • suprfast
    suprfast Posts: 49
    Options
    holy crap... If it's not clear and tasteless it's NOT EFFING WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my pee is clear and tasteless...

wahhahaha.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    holy crap... If it's not clear and tasteless it's NOT EFFING WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my pee is clear and tasteless...

That totally was tasteless
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    To me, "water" means water.

I find that I don't always need to drink 8 glasses a day.

Whether you think you need 8 glasses per day or not, you need it.
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I personally only log plain water on the cup things - but, I've heard that all drinks count. At the end of the day tea, coffee, cola or whatever are pretty much all water anyway...and you'd have to drink a LOT of them to have the said diuretic/dehydration effect.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Bump for the entertaining back-and-forth.
  • SONIA820
    SONIA820 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I only drink water and tea and I count everything but always forget to use the little toggle thingy to add my water so I have a liquids part in my log, most of the time I DON'T forget to put it there! LOL!