What the... ?

Options
lizard053
lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
Ok, I just heard an interesting new pet peeve! I can't believe it has even happened, but I understand it being annoying!

Someone using a laptop in the bathroom stall next to you.

What are some bizarre things you've seen, or heard, people do?

Replies

• LisamarieBond14
    LisamarieBond14 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha that's mental!!

My partner will text me when we're at work/uni/wherever and when I ask what he's up to, he'll say, "I'm just having a poo"

Lovely!
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I've never heard someone on a laptop in the next stall, but people who talk on a cell phone while using the bathroom seriously appall me. If the call is so important that it can't wait 5 minutes while you handle your business, it's probably important enough for you to NOT make it while you're sitting on the toilet. Just my opinion.
  • MyTime1985
    MyTime1985 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I've never heard someone on a laptop in the next stall, but people who talk on a cell phone while using the bathroom seriously appall me. If the call is so important that it can't wait 5 minutes while you handle your business, it's probably important enough for you to NOT make it while you're sitting on the toilet. Just my opinion.

I agree! I cannot stand when people do that!!!!!!!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Ok...I posted this a little while ago; but I think it pertains to electronics usage in the bathroom:

All in all, it hadn't been a good day. Bad traffic, a malfunctioning computer, incompetent coworkers and a sore back all made me a seething cauldron of rage. But more importantly for this story, it had been over forty-eight hours since I'd last taken a dump. I'd tried to jumpstart the process, beginning my day with a bowl of bowel-cleansing fiber cereal, following it with six cups of coffee at work, and adding a bean-laden lunch at Taco Bell. As I was returning home from work, my insides let me know with subtle rumbles and the emission of the occasional tiny fart that Big Things would be happening soon. Alas, I had to stop at the mall to pick up an order for my wife. I completed this task, and as I was walking past the stores on my way backto the car, I noticed a large sale sign proclaiming, "Everything Must Go!" This was prophetic, for my colon informed me with a sudden violent cramp and a wet, squeaky fart that everything was indeed about to go. I hurried to the mall bathrooms. I surveyed the five stalls, which I have numbered 0 through 4 (I write a lot of software) for your convenience:

0.Occupied.

1.Clean, but Bathroom Protocol forbids its use, as it's next to the occupied one.

2.Poo on seat.

3.Poo and toilet paper in bowl, unidentifiable liquid splattered on seat.

4.No toilet paper, no stall door, unidentifiable sticky object near base of
    toilet.

Clearly, it had to be Stall ..1. I trudged back, entered, dropped trou and sat down. I'm normally a fairly Shameful ******. I wasn't happy about being next to the occupied stall, but Big Things were afoot.

I was just getting ready to bear down when all of a sudden the sweet sounds of Beethoven came from next door, followed by a fumbling, and then the sound of a voice answering the ringing phone. As usual for a cell phone conversation, the voice was exactly 8 dB louder than it needed to be. Out of Shameful habit, my sphincter slammed shut. The inane conversation went on and on. Mr. ****** was blathering to Mrs. ****** about the ****ty day he had. I sat there, cramping and miserable, waiting for him to finish. As the loud conversation dragged on, I became angrier and angrier, thinking that I, too, had a crappy day, but I was too polite to yak about in public. My bowels let me know in no uncertain terms that if I didn't get crapping soon, my day would be getting even crappier.

Finally my anger reached a point that overcame Shamefulness. I no longer cared. I gripped the toilet paper holder with one hand, braced my other hand against the side of the stall, and pushed with all my might. I was rewarded with a fart of colossal magnitude -- a cross between the sound of someone ripping a very wet bed sheet in half and of plywood being torn off a wall. The sound gradually transitioned into a heavily modulated low-RPM tone, not unlike someone firing up a Harley. I managed to hit the resonance frequency of the stall, and it shook gently.

Once my *kitten* cheeks stopped flapping in the breeze, three things became apparent:

(1) The next-door conversation had ceased;

(2) my colon's continued seizing indicated that there was more to come; and
    (3) the bathroom was now beset by a horrible, eldritch stench.

It was as if a gateway to Hell had been opened. The foul miasma quickly made its way underthe stall and began choking my poop-mate. This initial "herald" fart had ended his conversation in mid-sentence.

"Oh my God," I heard him utter, following it with suppressed sounds of choking, and then, "No, baby, that wasn't me (cough, gag), you could hear that (gag)??"

Now there was no stopping me. I pushed for all I was worth. I could swear that in the resulting cacophony of rips, squirts, splashes, poots, and blasts, I was actually lifted slightly off the pot. The amount of stuff in me was incredible. It sprayed against the bowl with tremendous force. Later, in surveying the damage, I'd see that liquid poop had actually managed to
    ricochet out of the bowl and run down the side on to the floor. But for now, all I could do was hang on for the ride.

Next door I could hear him fumbling with the paper dispenser as he desperately tried to finish his task. Little snatches of conversation made themselves heard over my anal symphony: "Gotta go... horrible... throw up... in my mouth... not... make it... tell the kids... love them... oh God..." followed by more sounds of suppressed gagging and retching.

Alas, it is evidently difficult to hold one's phone and wipe one's bum at the same time. Just as my high-pressure abuse of the toilet was winding down, I heard a plop and splash from next door, followed by string of swear words and gags. My poop-mate had dropped his phone into the toilet.

There was a lull in my production, and the restroom became deathly quiet. I could envision him standing there, wondering what to do. A final anal announcement came trumpeting from my behind, small chunks plopping noisily into the water. That must have been the last straw. I heard a flush, a fumbling with the lock, and then the stall door was thrown open. I heard him running out of the bathroom, slamming the door behind him.

After a considerable amount of paperwork, I got up and surveyed the damage. I felt bad for the janitor who'd be forced to deal with this, but I knew that flushing was not an option. No toilet in the world could handle that unholy mess. Flushing would only lead to a floor flooded with filth.

As I left, I glanced into the next-door stall. Nothing remained in the bowl. Had he flushed his phone, or had he plucked it out and left the bathroom with nasty unwashed hands? The world will never know.

I exited the bathroom, momentarily proud and Shameless, looking around for a face glaring at me. But I saw no one. I suspect that somehow my supernatural elimination has managed to transfer my Shamefulness to my anonymous poop-mate. I think it'll be a long time before he can bring himself to poop in public -- and I doubt he'll ever again answer his cell phone in the loo. And this, my friends, is why you should never talk on your phone in the bathroom.
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I was going pee today
    and a woman came in with her friend and FREAKED
    I mean FREAKED about the skid marks on the inside of her toilet
    I didnt realize they affected ppl that way :frown:
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    A study recently suggested that over 70% of Americans have used their cell phones for games, internet searching, texting, or calling while in the restroom.

Frankly, I was more surprised that 30% had not.
    -wtk
  • craigers13
    craigers13 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Ok...I posted this a little while ago; but I think it pertains to electronics usage in the bathroom:

All in all, it hadn't been a good day. Bad traffic, a malfunctioning computer, incompetent coworkers and a sore back all made me a seething cauldron of rage. But more importantly for this story, it had been over forty-eight hours since I'd last taken a dump. I'd tried to jumpstart the process, beginning my day with a bowl of bowel-cleansing fiber cereal, following it with six cups of coffee at work, and adding a bean-laden lunch at Taco Bell. As I was returning home from work, my insides let me know with subtle rumbles and the emission of the occasional tiny fart that Big Things would be happening soon. Alas, I had to stop at the mall to pick up an order for my wife. I completed this task, and as I was walking past the stores on my way backto the car, I noticed a large sale sign proclaiming, "Everything Must Go!" This was prophetic, for my colon informed me with a sudden violent cramp and a wet, squeaky fart that everything was indeed about to go. I hurried to the mall bathrooms. I surveyed the five stalls, which I have numbered 0 through 4 (I write a lot of software) for your convenience:

0.Occupied.

1.Clean, but Bathroom Protocol forbids its use, as it's next to the occupied one.

2.Poo on seat.

toilet.

Clearly, it had to be Stall ..1. I trudged back, entered, dropped trou and sat down. I'm normally a fairly Shameful ******. I wasn't happy about being next to the occupied stall, but Big Things were afoot.

I was just getting ready to bear down when all of a sudden the sweet sounds of Beethoven came from next door, followed by a fumbling, and then the sound of a voice answering the ringing phone. As usual for a cell phone conversation, the voice was exactly 8 dB louder than it needed to be. Out of Shameful habit, my sphincter slammed shut. The inane conversation went on and on. Mr. ****** was blathering to Mrs. ****** about the ****ty day he had. I sat there, cramping and miserable, waiting for him to finish. As the loud conversation dragged on, I became angrier and angrier, thinking that I, too, had a crappy day, but I was too polite to yak about in public. My bowels let me know in no uncertain terms that if I didn't get crapping soon, my day would be getting even crappier.

Finally my anger reached a point that overcame Shamefulness. I no longer cared. I gripped the toilet paper holder with one hand, braced my other hand against the side of the stall, and pushed with all my might. I was rewarded with a fart of colossal magnitude -- a cross between the sound of someone ripping a very wet bed sheet in half and of plywood being torn off a wall. The sound gradually transitioned into a heavily modulated low-RPM tone, not unlike someone firing up a Harley. I managed to hit the resonance frequency of the stall, and it shook gently.

Once my *kitten* cheeks stopped flapping in the breeze, three things became apparent:

It was as if a gateway to Hell had been opened. The foul miasma quickly made its way underthe stall and began choking my poop-mate. This initial "herald" fart had ended his conversation in mid-sentence.

"Oh my God," I heard him utter, following it with suppressed sounds of choking, and then, "No, baby, that wasn't me (cough, gag), you could hear that (gag)??"

Now there was no stopping me. I pushed for all I was worth. I could swear that in the resulting cacophony of rips, squirts, splashes, poots, and blasts, I was actually lifted slightly off the pot. The amount of stuff in me was incredible. It sprayed against the bowl with tremendous force. Later, in surveying the damage, I'd see that liquid poop had actually managed to
    ricochet out of the bowl and run down the side on to the floor. But for now, all I could do was hang on for the ride.

Next door I could hear him fumbling with the paper dispenser as he desperately tried to finish his task. Little snatches of conversation made themselves heard over my anal symphony: "Gotta go... horrible... throw up... in my mouth... not... make it... tell the kids... love them... oh God..." followed by more sounds of suppressed gagging and retching.

Alas, it is evidently difficult to hold one's phone and wipe one's bum at the same time. Just as my high-pressure abuse of the toilet was winding down, I heard a plop and splash from next door, followed by string of swear words and gags. My poop-mate had dropped his phone into the toilet.

There was a lull in my production, and the restroom became deathly quiet. I could envision him standing there, wondering what to do. A final anal announcement came trumpeting from my behind, small chunks plopping noisily into the water. That must have been the last straw. I heard a flush, a fumbling with the lock, and then the stall door was thrown open. I heard him running out of the bathroom, slamming the door behind him.

After a considerable amount of paperwork, I got up and surveyed the damage. I felt bad for the janitor who'd be forced to deal with this, but I knew that flushing was not an option. No toilet in the world could handle that unholy mess. Flushing would only lead to a floor flooded with filth.

As I left, I glanced into the next-door stall. Nothing remained in the bowl. Had he flushed his phone, or had he plucked it out and left the bathroom with nasty unwashed hands? The world will never know.

I exited the bathroom, momentarily proud and Shameless, looking around for a face glaring at me. But I saw no one. I suspect that somehow my supernatural elimination has managed to transfer my Shamefulness to my anonymous poop-mate. I think it'll be a long time before he can bring himself to poop in public -- and I doubt he'll ever again answer his cell phone in the loo. And this, my friends, is why you should never talk on your phone in the bathroom.

this had me in tears............there is no word to describe the sheer awesomeness of this story
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options

0.Occupied.

2.Poo on seat.

toilet.

Laura - I've not cried through laughter for a long time! That was hilarious! My little just asked if I was ok! I couldn't stop laughing to answer! That's made my day is wierd kinda way! Best laugh I've had in ages.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    I worked at a coffee shop briefly and we had many business men that would carry their laptops AND coffee (in our ceramic mugs...) into the bathroom to either continue a video conference or whatever. And I guess one of them tried to hide where they were one day because when I went on bathroom cleaning duty there was a turd on the floor beside the toilet which was in a small area between the toilet and the wall. I guess they figured if they turned against the decorated wall to hide the mirror, sink, and back of the toilet they'd be OK.

The one thing that bothers me is when people come in public restrooms to take in-the-mirror camera pictures of themselves. A year ago I was at a restaurant that had a small bathroom in terms of width in the walkway. On the wall to the right of the door was a body-length mirror, then a tiny space that held a changing table, and then the narrow walk to the stalls. While I was using the bathroom a group of young girls, about 5 or 6 of them and all probably 14 or 15, came in and were trying to take a group photo in the full length mirror. I finished my business, took my time washing and drying my hands and then stood not too far behind them and waited because I could not reach the door at all. I was in no hurry, so I stood and waited quietly.

The girls all chatted and posed as several cameras and phones clicked with each photo and finally they paused their photoshoot to look at the pictures. One girl (and I'll say right now all were black girls) started laughing and clicked madly through her pictures and then pointed to me. "Oh my God, the white girl's in all my photos!" They thought this was hilarious but by this time I'd been in there 20 minutes and I was still in the middle of a meal that was probably getting cold at my table so I just quirked one brow up and replied, "yes and if we're all finished here the WHITE GIRL would like to get to the door." Then they got mad that I emphasized my skin color and wanted to pick a fight. Which, you think a 300lb+ 20-something versus half a dozen 90lb a piece teenagers, I would have been arrested for stuffing them all in the sink drain.

If you're going to be that gross, do it at home.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    I love sharing that story...I can never get through it without crying, LMAO!!! :laugh:
  • crystal8208
    crystal8208 Posts: 284 Member
    Options

0.Occupied.

2.Poo on seat.

toilet.

I was trying so hard not to bust out laughing! Don't want my boss to know I'm on MFP at work. :laugh: Can't wait to share this with my hubby. He will just die laughing!!!
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Oh on a serious note - did you know that the worlds worst gadgets for having bacteria on them (including poop germs) are mobile phones and laptops! Gross! Lesson of the day - never use your mobile or laptop in the bathroom and if you must then sanitise them daily! I watched a food hygiene thing on tv last night coincidently and these two things (and the computer) were on office desks at lunch! Ugh! Next to food too! Double ugh!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    I love sharing that story...I can never get through it without crying, LMAO!!! :laugh:

LMAO! I can't blame you for enjoying it. That is incredibly funny. I love the moral at the end. Classic!
  • LadyBuell
    LadyBuell Posts: 164
    Options
    This is the second time today I have looked at something at work that I probably shouldn't have. The first was a video "I'm Pregnant and I Know It" and this! It certainly made my sides and face hurt because I want to laugh very loudly and couldn't.
  • bailamulata
    Options
    @lauramac...love it! Still laughing uncontrollably!
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options

agree :flowerforyou:
  • LReneeWalker
    LReneeWalker Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Laura! I was laughing so hard as I was trying to read it to my hubby! I had so many tears I couldnt see! I had to steal it!
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options

0.Occupied.

2.Poo on seat.

toilet.

LOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!

This was disgustingly hilarious!!!
  • catfish9
    catfish9 Posts: 138
    Options
    I will absolutely admit to a quick toilet-text on occasion, but I would never have a conversation there. I think it's kind of disrespectful; I'm not one of them, but I know some people are anxious in public restrooms and need to concentrate.

The other day, there was one other lady in the bathroom at the gym having a super loud conversation from her stall. Girlfriend and I looked at each other, grinned, and made a couple of really loud, obnoxious fart noises. Decidedly immature, but satisfying. Go talk someplace else. ;P
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Yes thank you for messing up my eyeliner/mascara... And its a great ab workout too. :laugh: