What's for dinner?

Options
I need a quick family friendly meal idea. I want to take the family walking tonight. Heading from south dakota to Nebraska over the Missouri river, :) however first we need a quick and easy meal.

What are you making tonight?

Replies

• Daytonsmommy
    Daytonsmommy Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Oven fried chicken tenders.

Dip chicken tenders in olive oil, then breadcrumbs.
    Put in 350 degree oven for about 20-30 minutes. Turns out really flavorful and moist.
    Usually served with a veggie and a starch (usually mashed potatoes for the fam, but I try and just have a couple slices of whole grain bread instead).
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Tonight I had chicken breast with courgettes and wensleydale cheese - t'was awesome :-D
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I'm not cooking tonight (Thursday is takeout night for my son and I since my husband isn't home for dinner) but I usually do chicken tenders when I'm in a hurry, too. I slather mine with spicy brown mustard and then roll in a mixture of bread crumbs, garlic and onion powder, and parmesan cheese.

Stir fry using frozen vegetables and whatever protein I have on hand is my other go-to meal.
  • BonMetz
    BonMetz Posts: 102
    Options
    BBQ pork chops and greek salad.
  • RillSoji
    RillSoji Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Making coconut thai fish tonight with green beans
    http://www.rillsmenu.com/2012/03/menu-plan-march-book-group.html

½ lb Green Beans, trimmed
    ½ Red Bell Pepper, sliced
    1 Tbl Coconut Oil, divided, warmed
    2 Tbl Milk
    1 ½ tsp Soy Sauce
    1 tsp Green Curry Paste
    1 tsp Lime Juice
    1 tsp Ground Ginger
    ½ tsp Sugar
    ¼ cup Unsweetened Grated Coconut
    2 Cod Fillets
    2 Tbl Cilantro, minced

Preheat oven to 400° F. Toss green beans and bell pepper with ½ Tbl Coconut Oil and spread on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes. Meanwhile combine milk, soy sauce, curry paste, lime juice, ginger and sugar in a small bowl. Set aside. Heat remaining coconut oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add coconut and stir fry until lightly toasted. Remove from skillet and set aside. Add fish fillets to the pan. Cook 2 minutes each side. Drizzle with milk mixture. Toss green beans and bell pepper with coconut and serve with fish on top. Sprinkle with parsley.
  • tlinval
    tlinval Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm making chicken/onion/laughing cow cheese quesdillas. Serving it with carrots + dip, apples, and baked sweet potatoes.
  • regina2063
    regina2063 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    fix sloppy joe......im tired of chicken.....chicken...chicken
  • CottonCandyKisses
    CottonCandyKisses Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Chicken.
  • kfitzpa
    kfitzpa Posts: 326
    Options
    Probably a lean cuisine pizza, I'm having a lazy day lol
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    were having red beans, rice and ham for dinner
    no help in a pinch though (i cooked the beans yesterday in the crock pot, but hubby brought home something from work)