Is it muscle Fatigue or my worst fear..old??

Options
Myth
Myth Posts: 299 Member
Ive going to the gym for the last 4 years on and off by that i mean like 6 mnths on 3 months off etc... I know the burn feeling well. I also get to points where I like that feeling i know I am doing something. But I just started the gym again last month after a good 6 month break and instead of feeling the burn I am feelin like my legs which have been my best assesset in the past are this time extremely weak. In the middle of a step class today (which I love) I had to keep stopping because if I dont i feel like my legs will just collapse. This is new to me. I spoke with my instructor and first thing she said was potasium! Then I told her mother nature is in effect but she has not been for a month lol. She said potasium, and protien and right now I should take some extra iron. Any one else have any ideas on this. My schedule was weight lifting class using barbell m and w, spinning tuesday and some type of cardio class on thursday like step or kickboxing and same thing on friday as thursday. So what is this horrid feeling i am having and how can i make it go away?? Please dont let it be old age lol

Myth

Replies

• scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    You took 6 months off and lost most of your fitness. You have to start over building it back up again.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Muscle memory can kick back in. I was going to say if it's joint pain cissus powder works wonders but it sounds like either you are over training or you just need to work back into things. It doesn't sound like DOMS.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Old age? Your profile says you are 36. That is not old. I'm not sure why a trainer would suggest any specific nutritient without checking your diet or doing blood work. You do lose iron during TOM and that can sap your strength, which is why the RDA goes down after age 50 (average age for menopause) but taking iron supplements when they are not needed can be dangerous.

You probably just need to work back to your former fitness level. Try doing some extra leg work like squats or lunges to get those muscles back in shape. If it continues, speak to your doctor about it. A simple blood panel can tell if you have any vitamin or mineral deficiencies.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I had a peek at your food diary, assuming it's accurate......you need to eat more, you have several days where your total calories are way too low and your carbs are way too low too. The way you describe the feeling - you're bonking.