Hello, This is My First Time Posting

Options
A big hello to all the MFP Members!!!

I am fairly new to MFP as I've only been using for the past 3 months and never really used the actually site. I usually just use the app on my phone and have never really known about the web interface until recently when I was googling nutritional values for food. Anyways, I was going through a few of the topics on the message board and found the MFP community to be really helpful and supportive of others goals even though the only connection you have is a picture to associate with a MFP user name.

I think it's great to see that there are still plenty of good people around the world and web (world wide web!) in times where "cyber bullying" is a major problem.

Besides all the heart warming talk I was actually curious as to peoples thoughts on a nutritional plan. I just came off a crazy one as I was in a 3 month competition and am now trying to tweak it to a fairly "normal" yet efficient plan. My previous nutritional plan was during the end of the competition was 1,900 calories , 239 G of protein, 130 G of carbs, and 65 G of fat for the entire day. I know that this wasn't healthy, but it was for a competition and I consumed a high amount of protein to make my body go into an anabolic state where your body eats away at the fat, while I was putting on muscle and doing a lot of cardio.

Now that I am done with the competition I want to stick to a fairly decent nutritional diet that will still keep me at where I'm at (171 lbs compared to 198 when i started) but still be able to enjoy food. I already looked up a lot of info on this, but was just interested on what some members on MFP had to say.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• DecemberNick
    DecemberNick Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    What did you base your calorie goals and macronutrient ratios on?

Ultimately, if you're just consuming enough calories to meet your TDEE, you can eat just about anything you want. I'm generally aiming for a 40/35/25 split on my carbs/protein/fat with a 700 calorie deficit because I'm trying to cut a little weight but if I were eating at a maintenance level (2300-2500 calories) I'd probably go for 40/30/30.
  • TonyStarks55
    Options
    Thanks a lot. I am actually on a 2,300 calorie diet with 30/30/25 and thought that was a little too much because I'm so use to eating very few Carbs now. appreciate the help!
  • DecemberNick
    DecemberNick Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Carbs are delicious, fun and your body's favorite fuel. Eat up ;). Check out my friend list for a 'sidesteal', 'zipnguyen' and 'Acg67'. They're fantastic sources of info regarding diet, common myths (and dispelling them) and the effect of your diet on your body composition.

And good to see some local peeps in here! I'm 20 minutes away in Attleboro. What was the competition you were in?
  • TonyStarks55
    Options
    Cool, will do.

I entered the biggest transformation contest hosted by body builders. Pretty cool that we are both pretty local. Thanks for all the useful info!