• FlynnMacCallister
    FlynnMacCallister Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Added challenge-sweet and salty craving at the same time...dun dun dun

Salted watermelon.
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Sliced apple and Ranch dressing. I know, sounds gross, right?

But it tastes sooooo good!!!
  • arkansascountrygirl
    arkansascountrygirl Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I eat the rainbor trail mix and also some air popped corn
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    It is "that time of the month" and I have the munchies like nobodys business and I would like to not sabatoge my recent success but I need something....even with exercise I am over my cal goal for today...any suggestions?!
    Raw red peppers, popcorn, broccoli, celery....the possibilities are endless.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    i do 3 tbs popcorn kernals popped with 1 tbs grapeseed or olive oil, or canola.....then i get kettle corn popcorn powder (i got mine at walmart) and sprinkle that on top with a little salt...you get a HUGE serving and it gives you that salty and sweet fix
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Or sometimes i squeeze a little honey on top of strawberries when i have the sweet tooth
  • moejo3
    moejo3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Apple dip...slice up an apple skin on and then take some low fat vanilla yogurt and some all natural peanut butter (I do like two tablespoons of each) mix the yogurt and applesauce together and dip away. It sweet, a little salty full of fibre and protein and filling..I also like chocolate almond milk yum!
  • InTheInbetween
    InTheInbetween Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Apple slices and a little PB or Almond Butter! Yum!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    "That time of the month" ... OH, you mean it's a pay day! Yeah, I tend to splurge on food when I get paid.

It's usually a time when I overlook calorie consumption.

Don't get me started on menstruation. I'm a man, so I don't know what it's like, nor do I want to know.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    It never ceases to amaze me that some women think this is some sort of mysterious (special?) curse. Get a grip. If you can't, allow some extra calories for those days.

Maybe some women have more difficult cycles than others?
  • Feathil
    Feathil Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Yeah I don't notice any difference, I have a subtle cycle, but there has been once or twice where I got a migraine from it, so I can see how some people get worse ones. Everyone's different, I just got off lucky from it. Some people might overreact but I definitely know some people that do suffer...
  • karlie22
    karlie22 Posts: 1
    Options
    try a shotglass full of grapefruit juice and cinnamon and then do 10 minutes of curcuit training outside if possible.
  • vabrewer33
    vabrewer33 Posts: 185
    Options
    It never ceases to amaze me that some women think this is some sort of mysterious (special?) curse. Get a grip. If you can't, allow some extra calories for those days.

Thanks for being a bum hole about it...as if i'm not a bundle of hormonal emotion as is....yes, I am a wimp, no I cannot handle cramps, if you don't like me-don't reply to my darn post!!!
  • yogibella
    yogibella Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    home-popped popcorn! have fun playing around with spices into the mix. salty & sweet? add a tiny bit of sugar and salt into the mix for kettle cooked corn feel:)

someone mentioned kale chips. you can roast chickpeas in a similar way (usually I dry roast and add oil at end) and spices like cumin or chilli...turns out really crunchy!