20 to 30......

Options
recently i am having this thought in my mind and would like to share with you guys and see what you guys think... i feel that exercising gives me some muscles, makes me stronger, but at the same time, i feel i am fatter! not just the # on my scale is higher but my pants don't fit and my face is rounder, and have double chin etc.. ok enough of that. i've always been fairly skinny and have a small build, and could eat whatever i want and remain the same weight.. or back then i never paid attention to these things!!! but now my body is responding differently. i know my metabolism is lower etc... but the thing is i dont feel exercising really help me to "lose weight" or become slimmer. i know diet is the key.. but i want to know why there is such a big difference from when i was 20 and when i am 30... even i was eating the same thing.. and i never exercise before... i only started to exercise in the past 2-3 years...i know many poeple who dont have this problem.. i miss the old days!!!!!

Replies

• actresskat
    actresskat Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    According to livestrong metabolism slows down by 2% every decade past 30 so they're thinking it shouldn't have taken a whole lot of effect yet. Maybe you were more muscular then? Muscle is tighter and takes up less volume and space than fat but burns more calories and raises metabolism or maybe you're not as active as you were at 20 meaning your BMR now is less than it was then. Desk job rather than basketball club or just simply walking less etc.
  • actresskat
    actresskat Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Oh, and also just post workout your muscles are 'pumped' so they'll look and feel fatter but they do shrink and tighten down afterwards...I kinda hope I answered your question...
  • toffee322
    toffee322 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Oh, and also just post workout your muscles are 'pumped' so they'll look and feel fatter but they do shrink and tighten down afterwards...I kinda hope I answered your question...

thanks for the reply. i am actually more muscular now than when i was young, because i never exercised before. i was simply skinny!! for no reason. but one thing i am certain is that i have more food craving now.. before i just never thought about food, or even obsessed with it.. i dont like that, and i'm trying to do something.. man, this is hard!!!