Kitchen scale suggestions?

Options
Okay I know I'm over estimating...anyone have a great scale recommendation?

Replies

• honestlysweet
    honestlysweet Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Good for you for wanting a food scale, they are so amazing and yes, chances are you are over estimating I got a cheap one at walmart for four bucks. But there are many to choose from. A digital one is probably best. Good luck.
  • 69margaux
    69margaux Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Highly recommend brand SALTER. Top is glass and any bowl you put on it you can zero out the weight and then just toss in what you want to weigh.
  • OccupyFitness
    Options
    I have one I got from Weight Watchers years ago and it works great.
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Walmart has a nice one for around 20 bucks.
  • gonnaloseweight06
    Options
    I have a digital EatSmart one and love it. It was around 25 bucks. Before buying a scale, I'd recommend you google some reviews.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I love my Taylor and my Biggest Loser scale. I have four in total, those are my two favorites!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Make sure the digital scale you get can toggle between grams and ounces. Also make sure you can zero out plates and bowls you sit on top.

This is the one I have. http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=16983853
  • reynolds33
    reynolds33 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    America's Test Kitchen recommends the the OXO Food Scale ($49.99), Measures down to 1g. Free shipping from Zappos.com. vip.zappos.com offers free next day shipping. Good luck.
  • reynolds33
    reynolds33 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I put my money where my mouth is and bought the OXO Food Scale from Zappos. I have had it a couple days. I like it. It is easy to read and use. Nice backlight, toggles between grams and ounces, zero's out, and the detachable faceplate moves the disply out from under large containers. The 11lb capacity is more than I will need. $50 bucks it a bit pricey compared to other brands but I have found OXO to be a reliable company on other kitchen items.
  • scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I put my money where my mouth is and bought the OXO Food Scale from Zappos. I have had it a couple days. I like it. It is easy to read and use. Nice backlight, toggles between grams and ounces, zero's out, and the detachable faceplate moves the disply out from under large containers. The 11lb capacity is more than I will need. $50 bucks it a bit pricey compared to other brands but I have found OXO to be a reliable company on other kitchen items.

I've got the 5 lb version. 1g accuracy, $30 at Sur la Table, Bed, Bath, Beyond, or Target. Works great so far.

I've had a couple Salter scales, but they all have broken, usually within a month of ownership :(