Crap! Did I blow it? Need some advice.

Options
I'm supposed to be on this extremely limited diet for two weeks. No non-complex carbs: no bread, potatoes, pasta, candy, soda, or rice. I ate two Morningstar Spicy Black Bean burgers today. I snarfed them down and then looked at the label: wheat gluten and rice. Do I get to start my two weeks of eating nothing but something you'd see on Survivor again?

Separate note: these burgers with white vinegar on them were awesome!

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Depends on why you are on the restricted diet. If you are trying to identify or rule out food allergies or intolerances, it could possibly have an effect. If only for losing weight, eh, no big in my opinion.
  • llahairdna
    llahairdna Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Depends on why you are on the restricted diet. If you are trying to identify or rule out food allergies or intolerances, it could possibly have an effect. If only for losing weight, eh, no big in my opinion.

Agreed.
  • bjs06
    bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
    Options

Agreed.

I agree as well.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I'm supposed to be on this extremely limited diet for two weeks. No non-complex carbs: no bread, potatoes, pasta, candy, soda, or rice. I ate two Morningstar Spicy Black Bean burgers today. I snarfed them down and then looked at the label: wheat gluten and rice. Do I get to start my two weeks of eating nothing but something you'd see on Survivor again?

Separate note: these burgers with white vinegar on them were awesome!

Are you on the Atkins Diet?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    First off, why are you doing this? If you're doing it just for the sport of it, then yes I think you need to start all over. If you're doing this for weight loss, well you can stop today.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    If that's what you have to choose from why not just not eat at all? Would probably be as effective.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    If that's what you have to choose from why not just not eat at all? Would probably be as effective.
    Hush! You want your post reported and a warning??? Read the forum rules: No common sense or satire allowed.
  • ForeverIrish
    ForeverIrish Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I was working with a trainer that said for two weeks, I needed to follow it so he could see how my body would respond to it.

I'm really new to this, so thanks for guidance and patience.

And yes, it's for weight loss.

Thanks for the responses!
  • happypath101
    Options
    That's such a HUGE change. I'm surprised you deviated just by accident! I think I would have caved out of cravings (and/or weakness). I would say that you should write down exactly how much and when you ate it. See if you feel any changes yourself. If so, write that down. Then, your trainer will have lots of information. If you feel really worried, you might want to get in contact with your trainer and ask him what he'd like you to do. I'm sure a lot of his people have tripped up on his instructions. It has to be common. In the words of my son's Martial Arts school: Seven times fall down, eight times get back up. :O)
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    People, it looks like her trainer is trying to eliminate certain foods to see what any existing problems may be.

Just because the vast majority of people have not done an elimination "diet" does not mean that it is a fad or anything ridiculous. In actual fact, an elimination diet is often used in many medical circumstances as well as the health trade. What her trainer is doing is perfectly legitimate and sensible, even though some people can't seem to see past the end of their fork on here!!!

Too many people on MFP jump on people on this site because they think they are doing some stupid and will "starve" themselves, it is getting pathetic!

OP do yourself a massive favour and let your trainer know what happened, they will understand xxx