Help! I fell off the wagon, ruined my diet and need motivati

Options
I'm a student and today I was feeling horrible about all my work and stress and managed to eat about 4 servings of ice cream (plus toppings). I had been good recently and been working out a lot and tonight I ruined everything. I have about 35 lbs to lose so I really feel like I messed up my diet.

Can anyone offer advice on how to get back on track and feel motivated again now that I messed everything up? I feel hopeless.

Replies

• Fat4Fuel2
    Fat4Fuel2 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    This might be a bit harsh, but really you're being melodramatic. One "screw up" doesn't mean you're off track. Awknowledge it, Try to realize why it happened and how to cope in the same situation next time. Live and learn, and keep chuggin'.
  • jrodx2
    jrodx2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    This might be a bit harsh, but really you're being melodramatic. One "screw up" doesn't mean you're off track. Awknowledge it, Try to realize why it happened and how to cope in the same situation next time. Live and learn, and keep chuggin'.

Agreed. Something like this happens to everyone at one point. Your progress is not ruined. Just focus and get right back to it. You can do it, don't let this get you down!

--
    Follow my FB Fitness Page!
    Be stronger than your excuses: Recipes and inspiration for a healthier life
    www.facebook.com/excusesareeasy
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    You really need to wrap your head around the fact that one bad meal does not ruin your whole plan to get healthy. You just need to refocus and move on... I allow myself a couple spike (cheat) meals a week and don't blink an eye at them. Just enjoy them and move on... You have to want this (lifestyle change) for yourself and don't beat yourself up when you have a slip up, learn from it and move on...
  • bosulli1
    bosulli1 Posts: 33
    Options
    it sounds like you already have a good idea of what caused the speed bump (stress) and now you know more about what to do in similar situations in the future. load up with healthy choices around times you think you might feel similar. also, remember in the grand scheme of things, it probably wasn't THAT many calories. log it, burn some additional calories this week if you can, and most importantly, forget about the damage you think it might have done. it's a slow process so hang on. feel free to add, too :)
  • desirae500
    desirae500 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Not ruined! Just start back in tomorrow. Ice cream is good for the soul!
  • ashleywright144
    Options
    Focus on the accomplishments you have made weight loss related or not. Don't let one mistake define your whole day or accomplishments.
  • eriemer
    eriemer Posts: 197
    Options
    Track it, own up, get over it, and move on. I went over 1360, on my target yesterday. Got up, ate brkfst, posted here, and went to the gym for 2 hrs. Then pretty much sucked it up.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    If you screwed up by eating ice cream you don't want to see my entries for today lol. I gave into all my cravings and I don't feel any guilt. Tomorrow its business as usual. No sweat.

You can't allow yourself to eat out of stress and then you also can't stress over your healthy journey. You have to be in control.