Working in more vegetables

Options
2»

Replies

• mamadolce6499
    mamadolce6499 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just added a large carrot and 1 cup of spinach to my peach smoothie this morning. I honestly can't taste either one. My friend likes to blend zucchini and other veggies into her store bought pasta sauce. I think I'm gonna start doing that for my kiddos since their kinda picky eaters. Really you can add veggies into almost anything.
  • bryonysten
    Options
    I roast a big tray of veggies - pumpkin, aubergine (eggplant), courgette (zucchini), peppers (capsicum) etc and put some spices on them such as moroccon mixes. I then just warm them up and add them to any dish during the week so that its quick and easy to get my veggie intake.

I also agree with the green smoothie thing.

Another way is to slightly rethink recipes you might already use.

For example - make cauliflower & broccoli cheese instead of just cauliflower. I use ricotta as a low fat cheese sauce with a spoon of mustard, vegetable bouillon in some hot water and add herbs to make the sauce, then just put a sprinkle of hard cheese on the top.

Another one to try with spinach is ricotta & spinach parcels made in filo pastry, again, very low fat, but full of greens & taste gooood!
  • simplysassi
    simplysassi Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I keep a container of ready-to-eat veggies in my fridge at all times. eg, cut celery, carrots, mini tomatoes, cucumber slices, broccolli, snap peas, etc. When I go anywhere - even just a few minute drive to the store or running errands, I always grab a baggie of those and eat them in the car with a big container of water. It's amazing how quickly I can get my veggies in that way. And when others will be in the car with me I usually have to bring more because everyone in the car wants to eat them too.

Sometimes I will take grapes, strawberries or blueberries too and that is always a good treat
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I have just recently this past week started juicing. I juice 2 cups of baby spinach, 4 oz of broccoli, 4 oz of zucchini, & a rome apple. I add a little bit of stevia to it and drink my veggies.