Weighing food?

Options
MyNewZen
MyNewZen Posts: 101 Member
Hi all,

Recently I have been cooking up a kilogram of meat at a time and dividing it into 200ish gram lots for multiple meals.

Just curious do people record the raw weight or the cooked weight when they do this? They often differ significantly. =/

Cheers!

Replies

• Mischief_Maiden
    Options
    I usually see a lot of before cooked weight
    So I ASSUME it's pre-cooked weight
  • samhelen
    samhelen Posts: 98
    Options
    I weigh before cooking and determine how many 100 or 200 g servings it would be before cooking and once it is cook I divide it out into that number of servings
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    I weigh before cooking and determine how many 100 or 200 g servings it would be before cooking and once it is cook I divide it out into that number of servings

Same here. The cooked weight will vary.
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I tend to go with the cooked weight because it's just what I do and it hasn't seem to hurt my weight loss any.
  • IPAfan5
    IPAfan5 Posts: 27
    Options
    I always do cooked weight because that is what it asks for in my food diary for serving size
  • chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    For tracking purposes, it's the weight of the cooked food.
  • Taylerr88
    Taylerr88 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    cooked
  • Brunner26_2
    Options
    Clearly people are doing different things and it works for them. Whichever way you do it, just make sure you pick the right one. Don't use a cooked weight log it as raw.
  • daddiod
    daddiod Posts: 37
    Options
    When I was doing WW we were told to weigh cooked weight. Now here I still do the same.
  • Brunner26_2
    Options
    Another thing I like about weighing pre-cooked is that I can then cook only what I'm going to eat. I'll weight out my serving of pasta, and that's all that's cooked. It cuts down on leftovers that may or may not get eaten.