Eat clean at McDonalds

Options
You know you've been in this situation. You have nothing around except a MickeyD and you didn't plan properly ahead of time.

What are some good "hacks" for eating clean at McDonalds?

Replies

• bnelly55
    bnelly55 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Fruit and yogurt parfait or a grilled snack wrap with no sauce.
  • 0lightasair
    0lightasair Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Breakfast time: their oatmeal is yummy. Egg Mc Muffin no meat (and no cheese if you're really strict) are also good.

Rest of the day: Cut out sauces, bacon, cheese and/or bread. Their grilled "bistro" style chicken sandwiches are not as greasy as the ham/cheese burgers. And of course, no fries or soda.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Egg mc muffin no cheese & no butter. Side sald...no dressing with lemon.
  • Meganalva
    Meganalva Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Side salad with balsamic vinaigrette
  • kaitlynnrogers
    kaitlynnrogers Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    its possible to eat clean at mickie d's?!?!
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I've heard they have apples....that's about it though.
  • Bourds
    Bourds Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I eat at McDonalds almost every day for lunch...they expect me and have my lunch waiting for me. I order 2 grilled chicken patties (same grilled chicken from sandwich). I put pepper on them and sometimes order a side salad to go with. Awesome and only $240 calories. Taste great, very healthy and know I am making a good choice. They comment to me on how well I am doing on my weight loss with knowing what I am doing. They say I am an inspiration.
  • PeggyWoodson
    PeggyWoodson Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I believe Mc D's offers a menu showing the calorie content of their foods.
  • laineyluma
    laineyluma Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Water.

:wink:

Fruit and walnuts is something pretty yummy, or the caesar salad with grilled chicken and instead of a heavy dressing a squeeze of a lemon is tasty.
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    The Southwest Grilled Chicken salad with no dressing. It tastes great with the lime glaze that's on it and doesn't need any dressing. It's awesome! They also have a pretty decent grilled chicken sandwich, just get it with no mayo. Plus, apple slices are a pretty good snack and a great replacement for fries.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: , OH, you were serious? :huh: -______________________-

umm lick the sidewalk outside, I heard that's about as clean as their food, lol or water
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why people are laughing or being sarcastic. I think everyone's been in a situation where they had to eat something on the go because they didn't plan ahead of time or forgot to bring something.
  • elishabeish
    elishabeish Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I believe Mc D's offers a menu showing the calorie content of their foods.

That's what I thought
  • mom2mozart
    mom2mozart Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal w/fruit & unsweetened tea. Fruit & yogurt parfait. Fruit & Walnut Salad. Salad with no chicken or dressing.
  • cior
    cior Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    its possible to eat clean at mickie d's?!?!

I believe it is possible to eat clean almost anywhere as long as you read the nutrition before hand.
  • StrawberrySt
    Options
    I don't understand why people are laughing or being sarcastic. I think everyone's been in a situation where they had to eat something on the go because they didn't plan ahead of time or forgot to bring something.

Agree ^^^

I travel a lot for work and some small towns have very little in dining choice! I would rather find something healthy to eat at McDonalds (which I can log accurately) than try to guess what the local takeout has in it (which I can't log accurately)

I think it's a valid topic, thank you OP :smile:
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Try to find a Chick Fil A instead. :)
  • shaunacaddell
    Options
    I get the grilled chicken patty it's only 90 cals. Also, the grilled chicken ceaser salad.
  • theaimster30
    theaimster30 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to the Southwest Grilled Chicken Salad. There is enough glaze & lime juice that you only need about 1/2 of the dressing packet. I save the rest for another salad later. I know what they say, "Going to McDonalds for a salad is like going to a hooker for a hug." I don't care about what the haters say!!
  • NeverStopWorking
    Options
    The fruit and yogurt parfaits are good.