Starting new and tired of all the time I've wasted

Options
zoink66
zoink66 Posts: 116 Member
Hi everyone,

My story sounds like a lot of the stories on here. I've struggled to keep my weight down since high school--ten years now--but recently it's gotten out of control. I've dieted, lost weight, gained it back, repeat. Over and over and over.

But I think I've had the light bulb moment, as I've realized that I've spent so much of my life hating myself, and the way I look, and not doing things that I've wanted to do because I'm "fat." I've wasted almost my whole 20s skipping things and feeling bad because of my weight. And I've finally realized that I'm not going to get there through crash diets. So from now on I'm taking it slow, trying to lose a pound a week. It seems overwhelming, how many weeks it will actually take me to reach my goal, but when I compare that to ten years of crash dieting when I could have been doing it this way, it's nothing. So there you go.

This sounds less like an introduction and more like a manifesto. But I'm happy to be here among like-minded, goal-oriented people.

Mer

Replies

• justdoingit
    justdoingit Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You may loose a bit more than 1lb per week at first and then taper off to one per week. You are right though, this is a lifestyle change! Just hang in there and you will get it done..:flowerforyou:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    welcome :flowerforyou:
  • njjswim
    njjswim Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    202554.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter\

Welcome! Just take it all a day at a time and don't think about weight loss so much as just loving life and eating healthy wearever you go. I know when I don't think about it all so much and just work out, eat right and not worry the weight pours off, but the minute I start worrying I fall apart. Your in good company. Chow :smile:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
  • roadtripfool
    Options
    Uh oh!!!

A lil' birdie just told me that Mer Mer is goin' to lose a lot of weight!!!!!!!!!!

Just thought I would share with the rest of the family. :wink: