I have Plateaud! Help

ovilma89
ovilma89 Posts: 20 Member
Hi everyone! Im 22 yr old who is doing the 1200 cal p/day. Unfortunately, I work full time, go to school at night, so I dont get home until 8-9PM. My MFP friends have told me to avoid eating such a huge meal at night since it retains alot of water. In addition, Its very hard for me to consume my 1200 cal since I work through Lunch time and Dinner time... Also, my acupunturist has told me that I have plateaud because of my lack of sleep. I usually tend to sleep 5-6 hrs a night with intervals of waking up 2-3 times during the night... I need HELP! I do eat a healthy breakfast such as egg whites, fiber, spinach, carrots, etc. I always do really well with my breakfast meal.. But since Im a nurse, I dont get a break, only during breakfast... Any suggestions? How do I get out of plateau!?!

Ps. Please be nice.. :) Thank you!

Replies

• Lissakaye81
    Lissakaye81 Posts: 224 Member
    Eat more calories for a week, up it to like 1400-1600. See if it helps. Also time of day does not matter when you eat. Its more like how many calories you eat in a week vs what you expend in a week. When I did contruction I carried little packs of goldfish crackers, nuts or raisins on me that I could have a couple quick bites without taking a break. See if you can do that at work
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    if you're working out as well (can't see your diary) try and change your workout, its worked for me I change it about every 5 or 6 weeks
  • AmandaCaswell1982
    AmandaCaswell1982 Posts: 170 Member
    Up your calories. I was you a little while back. I ate 1000-1200 cals MAX. I started working out (wake up earlier-- NO EXCUSES!) and eating alot more. I'm eating 1600-2200 cals a day depending on my workouts. I lose about 1 lb a week. When I was eating 1200, i lost 6 lbs in one week, but then no more. Upping your calories is TOUGH. You have to trust it. You may gain 1 lb in the first week, not lose any the second week, but your metabolism has to reset itself. It will and then you will lose. Good luck sweetie!
  • ovilma89
    ovilma89 Posts: 20 Member
    Thank you all! :) I appreciate the tips! :D