not eating breakfast??

Options
When im going to eat a bigger meal in the afternoon or for dinner sometimes i feel like i should skip breakfast and not eat anything until lunch so i have no calories used up when i do eat. Is skipping breakfast okay sometimes???

Replies

• d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    There are no set fast rules that you must follow, it's whatever works best for you. Just remember that you haven't eaten since dinner, your metabolism has slowed way down while you were sleeping, eating breakfast is its cue to start back up again.
  • cior
    cior Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I personally wouldn't recommend it. Breakfast really gets me going, and when I don't eat such a large meal at night, I wake up hungry and ready to get some fuel into my system. You are probably still full from last night!
  • fitby38
    fitby38 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    sometimes when you skip a meal you tend to eat more than you normally would at the next meal
  • sashafantastica
    Options
    Everything I have read says that eating a healthy breakfast speeds up your metabolism, and I would do anything to speed that up! I usually eat something small like a banana and a container of yogurt.
  • fitby38
    fitby38 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    eat something small like a banana and a container of yogurt.

i agree ... at least then you wont be starving until your next meal
  • kaylanlilly
    Options
    Should check out www.leangains.com
    This explains why breakfast is unimportant.
    I had been doing Weight Watchers for 4 months and only lost 10 pounds. Doing Leangains for 3 weeks and I've lost 5 alone. Especially if you're weight training it's good.
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    When im going to eat a bigger meal in the afternoon or for dinner sometimes i feel like i should skip breakfast and not eat anything until lunch so i have no calories used up when i do eat. Is skipping breakfast okay sometimes???

Works great, plus short term fasting shows some inconclusive, but promising potential.
  • SoySalva
    SoySalva Posts: 138
    Options
    I skip breakfast and add tjhose calories to lunch...works for me!