Exercise calories - do you eat them or do you ignore the dif

Options
2»

Replies

• jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I do if I'm hungry. If I'm not, I'm not going to force myself. Plain and simple :)
  • hedleyrocks247
    hedleyrocks247 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I suggest reading the above link that ihateroses posted, as well as searching for more info in the boards on this topic. There is a reason that MFP is set up the way that it is, and if you want to achieve LONG term success then I would use it the way it was meant to be used. If you are just in it for the quick results, then use it however you like :)
  • Jodieh75
    Jodieh75 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I sometimes eat them, it depends if I feel hungry. I don't eat them if I am not hungry, that doesn't make sense to me.

ps, this post was edited by me because I actually had not meant to post here, I thought I'd posted on the topic ihateroses had provided a link to! :embarassed:
  • shellyj40
    shellyj40 Posts: 15
    Options
    Last week i didnt eat them back and i only lost 1lb despite working out and doing one exercise class a week, so...this week i`ve been eating half my exercise calories back and will see today if its made any difference!! i only get weighed once a week, so we`ll see!! Will post later and let you know how i get on..
    x shelly
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I don't eat them back. My goal is to lose weight not maintain and IMO if I eat my exercise calories back it's defeating the whole purpose of my exercising. I know there are lots of debates about that on this board but it's up to you. Play around with it. Eat your calories back for a few weeks and see what happens. If you lose more weight by eating them back then do that. It's all about what works for YOU. The only time I'll eat them back or consider it a "reserve" is if I know I'm going to over indulge and when that's the case I really do try to tack on more cardio minutes to counter balance the food/drink intake that day.
  • careyayn22
    Options
    I eat them back most of the time. I'm only at 1200, so I don't think it's healthy or beneficial in the long term to not eat them back. Slow and steady wins the race. :bigsmile:
  • shellyj40
    shellyj40 Posts: 15
    Options
    I lost 2lb this week and 0.7% Body fat...seems to be working, going to do the same for the next week and will see what happens! Eating half exercise cals for me then!