feeling defeated!

Options
I started my weight lose journey about 8-9 weeks ago I feel better but no big WOW changes and now I haven't exercised in 4 days because I feel like I'm a lost cause and I'm loosing motivation. HELP!!

Replies

• hulkj
    hulkj Posts: 218
    Options
    Don't give up!!:smile:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    The best motivation comes from yourself. Analyze why you are doing this. Reassess your goals. Then, get your butt in gear & move! No one else is going to do this for you. :flowerforyou:
  • bcallen9
    bcallen9 Posts: 4
    Options
    More water!
  • angel1face
    angel1face Posts: 110
    Options
    dont give up you can do this, were all in this together. keep on it, only you can make the difference. you will thank yourself for it in the long run.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • earlyxer
    earlyxer Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Consistency is KEY - you haven't exercised in 4 - F O U R ! - days. You need to get back to the workout regimen, diet alone will only get you so far - and changes won't be permanent. You need muscle mass to burn calories.

Are you doing a specific exercise regimen?

Peter
  • kgehling
    kgehling Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I started my weight lose journey about 8-9 weeks ago I feel better but no big WOW changes and now I haven't exercised in 4 days because I feel like I'm a lost cause and I'm loosing motivation. HELP!!

Sounds like a good time to start a new exercise routine and get going!
  • demezat
    demezat Posts: 158
    Options

Sounds like a good time to start a new exercise routine and get going!

I totally agree! find something fun to do...its getting warmer weather...go swimming!
  • jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone listed above. Exercise!!!
    Use the 3 day rule. You can go 2 days without working out but you should always go on the third day. So you'll never go 3 days without exercising.
  • firetuck
    firetuck Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Keep moving! Don't give up! You admit that you feel better - let that be the motivation to keep going until you get better results.
  • jrpeders
    jrpeders Posts: 3
    Options
    P90X will snap you out of that! Or Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred will keep you motivated, it's only 20 minutes long and burns a lot of calories. Stay with it. Make the appropriate UTurn as soon as possible and get back on track.
  • CK07
    CK07 Posts: 10
    Options
    I've found that when I started to lose interest (or stopped seeing results) if I switched my exercise program a little, I'd find renewed interest and motivation.

I just started on this site, but have kept with the basic exericise goal and just switched up the method.

For example, you may set a certain number of hours a week for cardio or strength training - but you can switch it up ...a dance dvd, jogging in good weather, walking your (or a friend's dog), involving friends in some activiites, joining a class.
    For strength training, a gym, or dumbells, or those elastic things...switching up the equipment can help too. Keeps things interesting and gives you renewed interest so it doesn't seem like such a chore.

If you are finding that you want specific results and are not seeing it, maybe you need to target a certain area. Although more likely, it will just take patience! (I hate that too). I google "best exercise for _____"

Yoga or pilates (light), or stretching can help you with relaxing after a workout and feeling motivated and good about yourself. Plus increasing flexibility and other great benefits.

If just feeling down about yourself, try a new haircut, or those free makeovers at the deparment stores or a nice new piece for your wardrobe.
    Maybe that's bad advice, but everyone needs a little pick-me-up some time!

just what works for me of course... everyone is different.