Feeling a little hungry

Options
Today is my 4th day on this and after having my breakfast this morning at 7.15am I am now already starting to feel a little hungry? Is this normal? I am eating plenty for breakfast (30g bowl of cereal with skimmed milk, one banana and half a red grapefruit) but not sure if I should now have a piece of fruit as a snack before lunch?

Replies

• newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Add some protein to your breakfast. That'll help fill you up.
  • katB_83
    katB_83 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I will try that tomorrow
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    And it's ok to feel a little hungry when trying to lose weight. I generally feel like eating everything in sight when I first start out (up to 4 days) when I am eating at a deficit. My body adjusts to the lower calories and I settle into a routine and am not preoccupied by food or the lack thereof.

Good luck!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    How about having your cereal first thing and saving your fruit for mid-morning?
  • lilojoke
    lilojoke Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Funny... When I was at my heaviest I would rarely feel hungry because I was eating so much every day. When I did get hungry which was about once a day I would eat everything in sight and the hunger would be gone.

Now after losing the weight, building muscle and having an active lifestyle I am a lot more hungry then when I was fat. I have heard that there is a process that goes on which once a person has been fat for so many years and all of the sudden you deplete the bodies survival fuel AKA fat it will continually look for it thus you get that hunger feeling.

I will try post up the few links I have book marked on this.

Feeling hungry is normal and must be embraced. Feeling hungry and not giving in = success we don't have to be satisfied all the time nor do we need to be constantly occupied by thoughts of "I am hungry" its all a mental adjustment iI think.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    It's okay to feel a little peckish, just be sure to always have something low cal and healthy to hand - be it carrots sticks, fruit, low cal crispbread, or even a little tub of cottage cheese.

Just make sure that it is hunger though and not thirst or habit - have a drink and leave it 15 minutes, if you're still hungry then eat something :flowerforyou:

4558573.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • katB_83
    katB_83 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone - I don't think i was eating enough through the day hense the hunger. I was only having breakfast, lunch and dinner with no snacks and i was always under my daily limit by a few hundred. I think i will try a week of eating fruit or veg as a snack to increase my calorie intake as i dont want my body to go into starvation mode.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Oh, and if you make your diary public it does allow us to make more helpful suggestions - if you are always under by a few hundred then cut yourself some slack! There are lots of healthy snacks which aren't fruit and veg - take a look through some other people's diaries to see if there's anything you fancy! :flowerforyou: