Women over 60

Options
I'm looking for women over 60 who are trying to lose weight. I have to say that since I passed 60 it has been very difficult to lose weight and tone up. Any advice on food choices or exercises that would help me. Perhaps we can share ideas to help each other get strong again.

Replies

• kutterba
    kutterba Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi, Peggy, I'm katey & I've been on MFP for almost a year. I can tell you, I get real discouraged. Our metabolism does slow somewhat, but walking works! And so does carrying grandchildren. :wink: I try to eat often and pretty much count everything. I se the tools for my own recipes so I can just click on salad, for example, and there are the 50 calories - I put a lot of stuff in my salads! I focus on 3 things as far as MFP is concerned: log everything, drink lots of water and walk.
    My attitude is tha I don't want to focus on my eating, I want to focus on health.
    Good luck to us! :happy:
    You can "friend" me if you want.
    +God bless+
    Katey :flowerforyou:
  • Terriers007
    Terriers007 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to figure out how to join this group. I'm new to this, using my VivoFit 2 to track what I eat and walking. Trying to figure that out for other exercises as well as figuring out this program.

• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    There is a group site of 100+ ladies between the ages of 50 to 70+ When you get on the site, remember to click star on the upper right (even with the title) and it will turn yellow. Then every time you wish to go on to it, it will be located on the way upper right (next to the bell, and the flower thingy). Just click on the grey star and see your chosen groups.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10344551/women-ages-50-for-march-2016#latest

Have fun and hope to see you there!
    Annr aka Becca
    Oregon

ps. No need to "join" just start typing. Maybe give a little intro about yourself, and try to sign out each thread with a name you wish to be called and where you hail from. (It's easier for us ladies to remember a "Sue in San Francisco" than a 86RE76 title. :-)
  • Terriers007
    Options
    Thank you
  • Terriers007
    Options
    I'm Louise from a raining Central Florida