Potatos

2»

Replies

• Guitarjon
    Guitarjon Posts: 204 Member
    I once asked this as I was under the impression carbs were the enemy but since logging what I'm eating and observing changes in the scale etc I've noted that actually potatoes arn't bad so long as they arn't cooked/fried in oil. Even then if you make intend to have chips for example just make sure you have the allowences. I have noticed potatoes are pretty good. As someone mentioned, its the butter etc people put on them. Also there are some damn big potatoes so I tend to either choose the smaller potato or split one in half for me and my partner who is also on here.

I have cut down on the amount of carbs I am eating but realised I don't need to cut them out. I tend to have around 140 grams of new boiled potatoes and a jacket potato at around 250- 300 grams.
  • I've just noticed that you're a Northern lass, how could you turn your back on potatoes? *gasps*
    Dear lord say it isn't true! :O

No I am 100% not turning my back on potatoes, how could I, my family would disown me!!! For us Northerners it's just a way of life I guess :laugh:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    I've heard so much about not eating lots of potatoes because they are a starchy carb - I have potatoes at least 4 times a week - should I not be doing?

I'll ask the same question I always do:

Is there a health reason you shouldn't eat them?

Are you losing weight at a pace acceptable to you?

If you answered no to question 1 and yes to question 2, then keep eating them. Potatoes have a lot of vitamins and minerals and are high in potassium. Good for you!
  • Firefighter_Jay
    Firefighter_Jay Posts: 426 Member
    I can count to potato if that matters to this thread?
  • MammaC66
    MammaC66 Posts: 122 Member
    I eat both potatoes and sweet potatoes baked in the microwave pretty often. I just put a little salt and pepper on them. They are good for you and filling. In fact, I am trying to eat more potatoes because they are high in potassium and I need more of it in my diet.
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 684 Member
    moderation, moderation and moderation is the key. Try to have more sweet potatoes also.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,585 Member
    I have to say I do like sweet potatoes baked in the oven too - lots of black pepper on them and particularly good with chicken and sweetcorn :happy:
  • chrisb75
    chrisb75 Posts: 395 Member
    Make sure you are eating the skins. They are LOADED with potassium!