In Tears And Beyond Frustrated

Options
1235»

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Ok, here are some of my observations. First, HCG was your biggest mistake and you will have to work to fix it. With HCG, since it's extremely low calories, a lot of your weight loss is through muscle (as much as 50% of your weight loss). Due to that, there is a greater chance that your metabolism has decreases by as much as 30% (based on figures I have run for others on HCG).

Your next problem is that you aren't eating nearly enough calories and what is happening is your are burning more muscle and maintaining your body fat. You can't mix high cardio and low calories as it's a recipe for maintaining body fat (see source below).

http://www.metaboliceffect.com/topic/38-nutrition-lifestyle.aspx

So how do you fix this? Well we have to work on building lean muscle mass. This means, we need to estimate your BMR and adjust your workout schedule to concentrate on heavy lifting. This means, you fail at 8-12 reps. This will help you cut fat. This will help you work on building lean muscle mass back so you don't plateau, so you can burn more calories and so you can have a leaner, tighter body. Do me a favor and use the link below to post your BMR results and then we will figure out your caloric needs.

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    (And, by the way, someone posted that a pound of fat weighs more than a pound of muscle. That is not true. A pound is a pound whether its fat & muscle or feathers & bricks. But think about how much larger a VOLUME of feathers vs bricks you have to have to make up that pound. A pound of fat is simply a larger VOLUME than a pound of muscle. Therefore, if you gain muscle and lose fat you will lose inches because the volume of muscle is smaller.)

Nobody said that a pound of muscle weighed more than a pound of fat. You added the "a pound of" yourself.

Actually someone did say,

"muscle weighs more than fat'

I'm not sure who posted the above remark, but it looks like some of the original posts may have been deleted. I think a few of us were simply clarifying that muscle doesn't weigh more than fat, it weighs the same. It simply takes up less space (and is obviously healthier).

Yes, she said "muscle weighs more than fat". *not* "a pound of muscle weighs more than a pound of fat." There is an important distinction.

Without assuming the "by volume", everything weighs the same as everything else, making relative weight pretty useless. Pretending the "by volume" isn't there means that aluminum weighs the same as gold, feathers weigh the same as lead, etc.
    And since very few people actually believe a pound of muscle weighs more than a pound of fat (try asking them), I fail to see a reason to say this rather irrelevant "you mean by volume!" correction, especially in the rather snide "I know something YOU don't!" tone in which it's often delivered.