Calling personal Trainers: Timing

Options
Question for the personal trainers out there and NO this is not about meal timing! Whoo not opening that can of worms on here. If though meal timing doesn't matter does exercise timing? Morning or night which is better. Recently I was doing it at night just before bed, that's when i had time, but hubby changed to days so now I can get up at 4:30 am and have been to exercise without toddler interference. So does it really matter or is my body just happy I am doing it and it like everything else doesn't have a watch or care about timing?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,585 Member
    Options
    Best time to exercise is when you can. Body adapts to when your exercise when you're consistent about it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal & Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I don't think it matters.. My trainer works out when he can.. and most days it seems like that would be midnight after he is finished training.

I've always worked out at night for the most part and lost weight just fine. Worked out in the morning when I'm not subbing and it didn't make a difference.
  • Fit4Evolution
    Fit4Evolution Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    just like breakfast and spacing out meals . it matters.. I personally lose more weight when i wake my body up with a small workout in the morning.. all i need to do is some situps crunches and leg raises .. this gets my body burning. its also more beneficial to work out 2 x a day .. so i do cardio at lunch time and strength train in the evening.. this ensures my metabolism is high and burning throughout the day. This is more than just my theory , i have read this more than one time from different sources.. I hope this helps