Grocery Shopping

Options
Going today...any one have any ideas for moi.

Replies

• dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Going today...any one have any ideas for moi.

• bigjug1967
    Options
    try a good stir fry with some thin steak pieces in it or chicken and use all fresh veggies for it , Wow I just made myself hungry..:bigsmile:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Stay out of the candy isle (msp?).

That's what I have to do,stay away from the candy and chips.

I did buy some slim jim beef sticks (45 cal. per piece) special K bars (90 cals each) for snacks. I also bought bananas, apples, oranges.

My downfall is pasta and potatoes.. I have to really tear myself away from the frozen french fries. It's just not worth 130 cals for 7 peices!!! That is just a tease to me. So I don't buy any potatoes and I use whole wheat pasta instead of regular pasta and rice too. Learning alot about seasonings!!!! Buy lots of seasonings and use them often, it helps to make the boring things taste better and you can do different variations on the same food!!!!!

Sounds like you are a little more motivated right now. Good fo you!!!
  • dulceluva
    Options
    I actually buy a lot of healthy stuff when I go grocery. Just lookign to see if anyone buys things that I do not.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Rice cakes. I love them. I also always stock up on tons of fresh fruits and veggies. And cottage cheese.

*Kistinbee*
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for some good side dishes that aren't made out of vegetable and are low cal. Any suggestions????
  • StartingNew
    Options
    try a good stir fry with some thin steak pieces in it or chicken and use all fresh veggies for it , Wow I just made myself hungry..:bigsmile:

I make in awesome stirfry with just veggies a little soy sauce and a little brown sugar mmm...Now i am hungry too:laugh:
  • momathome
    Options
    Turkey bites or turkey jerky. It is better for you than beef jerky and it makes a nice snack. Stay away from high fat and sugar items.
  • anglroxy9
    Options
    a good side dish and or snack is shrimp. . about 12 pieces is only 80 calories.

you can buy the frozen kind and thaw them whenever.

and you can throw them into meals to add a little extra.
  • AndreaMMil
    Options
    a good side dish and or snack is shrimp. . about 12 pieces is only 80 calories.
    you can buy the frozen kind and thaw them whenever.

ooooo yeah! i put them in a ceviche with tomatoes, onions, lime, chilies and a little avocado. et it alone or wrapped up in some lettuce.
  • mydogmesa2
    mydogmesa2 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Pita Bread and Hummus! mmmmm.... I want some right now.
  • lshutt
    lshutt Posts: 11
    Options
    Rice cakes. I love them. I also always stock up on tons of fresh fruits and veggies. And cottage cheese.

*Kistinbee*
    i agree i love rice cakes...
  • dulceluva
    Options
    sounds great... you are reminding me of what i used to buy on weight watchers. funny how you just forget certain items.